Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands? >

Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

Old 03-14-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

I know everyone is partial to their favorite broadhead. I myself like Muzzy broadheads. I have tried and used other heads over the years but haven't found a more reliable and durable broadhead than Muzzy. The chisel point tip is by far the most damaging and bone breaking tip of any broadhead I've seen. Anyone else for the same as I do about Muzzy's?
Old 03-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

i love my muzzys because it is almost like a feild point with accuracy but i havent got to try them out a a deer yet
Old 03-14-2006, 06:46 PM

muzzy's are definatly a good head
Old 03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can't say I feel the same as you about Muzzy.

Yes they are a good head and will bring home the animals but they are no where near at the top like they once were in terms of quality, flight characteristics and strength. There are a large number of broadheads out today that far surpass the Muzzy.

Slick tricks are by far the best broadhead I have ever used. It has absolutely everything I want in a broadhead. Perfect flight, 4 fixed blades, a huge 1 1/8th diameter cut, and is 100% all steel.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:07 PM

Use to feel the exact same way, and in a way i still do. But, i started shooting magnus heads and just stayed with them. But, every year i always have a few muzzys on standby.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Used the muzzy, used it for my first bow kill. Use the Crimson Talons now, like em, however always looking! [8D]
Old 03-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I currently shoot Satelittes, but I'm not overly thrilled with them. It seems they fly slightly different than my field points, which becomes very apparent at longer ranges while hunting.

I thought about Muzzy's but I don't really like the chizzled point, and I don't like any mechanical ones as that is just another thing that could go wrong.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:38 PM

I use muzzys really like every thing about them. But just recieved my suggested gear list from my outfitter for my archery elk hunt this fall in New Mexico. He said I need at least 125 grains, which are the size muzzys I use, but hedid not recomend a chisel tip. Really like the way muzzys fly and slice through deer. But I guess you would say they have a chisel tip.
Any suggestions?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

I use Muzzys because they are nearly indestructible, have some of the best penetration for a non-cut on impact head and you can find them just about everywhere.

I shoot a slow,lower poundage bow and the Muzzys have been very impressive on the Hogs and Deer that I've killed.

This is a vertebrae from a deer I killed two years ago. (deer ducked, but was dropped in it's tracks)

Old 03-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a cool pic, Christine!

I shot a couple deer this past year with Muzzys and wasn't too impressed with the blood trails I got; unfortunately, that seemed to be a common theme on a few of the boards I visited this past season. Not sure exactly what the problem was -- the blades were razor sharp. Not bad-mouthing them, just wasn't too excited with the results.

I'll be trying some Barrie Turbos this year; I'm expecting some real good things from them.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.