Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands? >

Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

Old 03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

Like Christine, I have a picture somewhere of a muzzy that almost completely passed through a spine. And it does not appear that the blades were even chipped. Probably should go back to using them, hum, something to think about while I am here!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:22 PM

That's a great picture. I had alread bought some of the new 100 grain MX 4s to use with my new bow, but now I'm not so sure what I'm going to do. I keep my trycore tips sharp as well so they can cut too.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:29 PM

Used to shoot Muzzys......till I found the Stinger. Won't shoot a Muzzy ever again.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:46 PM

I shot Muzzys in the past and was impressed with most aspects of them. Penetration was never a problem, but then again my bow was screaming the arrows out at about 300 f.p.s. The only serious problem I had was that the blades chipped easily. I have heard the same thing from alot of guys and others have said the exact opposite. Not sure what caused it but I could shoot the muzzys into a b-head target and when I pulled them out there were small chips in the blades. The blades were sharp, but still not as sharp as the Thunderheads. I went to G5 Montecs and really really liked them, the major problem with them was blade sharpness. This year I will be shooting the N.A.P. Crossfires, these are the most impressive fixed blade broadheads that I have seen to date.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Site Buck Guru

I prefer the Wasp SST Hammers. Very similar to the Muzzys.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:00 PM

I used muzzy's for my first 4 years of archery hunting. I switch to Thunderheads. Then last year I switched to Steal Force 100's and I will never look back! I shot my first archery deer this year with them.A complete pass through. Sliced a rib going in and out!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:10 PM

The only thing I've shot with Muzzy heads is my brown bear, it was a pass through but the shot was only at 17 yards. I had problems getting consistant tuning and accuracy with them since so I switched to NAP Razorbaks.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:19 AM

Innerloc broadheadsFlylike field points and areso much stronger than Muzzy.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started out shooting Muzzy'squite a few years ago. I went through a period that I tried quite a few other heads out but now for the last 2 years I've wentback to Muzzy and I don't see myself ever trying another broadhead.I love the penetration and blood trail and Ialways get a pass through.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:15 AM

I love my muzzys but since going to trad I just love my 2 blade Magnus.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Broadheads vs Other brands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.