Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Spot-Hogg Sights >

Spot-Hogg Sights

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spot-Hogg Sights

Old 01-14-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Spot-Hogg Sights

I am considering switching to a Spot-Hogg Sight. I noticed that the Hunter Hogg-It is considerably more expensive than the Real Deal. What are the differences and is the Hunter Hogg-It worth the extra $$$? They will be used for hunting only. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Spot-Hogg Sights

I have the regular Hogg-It. Awesome sight. The hunter model has 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments , the real deal does not. Here is a pic someone posted on AT that shows you how to rig fiber optics if you want to enhance the pin illumination.

Old 01-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have real deals on three of my bows. Although I don't shoot 3d or anything, they are by far the best hunting sights I've ever used. The pins are bright, the sight is well build and the level and vertical line is awesome for consistency. They are definitely worth the extra money.

Kelly
Old 01-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a Hunter Hogg-it that will find a home on my new Allegiance. The reason for choosing this model over the Real Deal is the 2nd and 3rd Axis adjustments. Also, I think the Hunter Hogg-it extends a little futher out than the RealDeal. I like this for helping get my sight ring inside the peep.

Overall, just from playing with it a while, I see now why they cost what they do. They really will be the last sight you will need. Unsurpassed quality, built like a tank and lifetime warrenty.

Whichever one you choose, you will not be disapointed!
Old 01-15-2005, 07:03 AM

How much does the 2nd and 3rd axis leveling improve accuracy? If it is only used for hunting, is that really neccessary?
Old 01-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Swamp Dawg!

I have the Real Deal on my bow as well and I'm not so fond of it for hunting since it cost me 2 buck's this season .I found that the pin's don't hold the light as well for near dark shooting and I was having to leave the bush just at prime time. You can get the light to go with it. I replaced it near the end of the season for my Impact Archery Cosmic because it hold's the light much better for hunting. I'm not knocking the sight because I feel as the other's do about how well built this sight is, and I love it for 3D, Just not struck on it for hunting. The cost is swteep but considering some of the other choice's in the same price range I'll take the Spott Hogg but I'll pick up a light to go with it .I just might buy the Hoggit to try maybe it'll make the difference that I need .

nubo
Old 01-15-2005, 11:59 AM

Thanks Nubo.

I use a Copper John with the afterburner light now. I just feel like trying something different. I definately would want to get the light to go with eilther of the spot hoggs. Just don't know if the Hunter Hogg-It is worth the extra $50.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally think the Spot Hogg sight is plenty bright. If it gets that dark, that they are no longer effective, its time to go home. I shoot the .029 pins strictly for hunting. The .019 are fine for 3D, but IMO they are not bright enough, or tough enough for hunting.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzyman!
My pin's are the .019's and I lose light well before it get's dark and I'm finding myself leaving the bush almost 20 minute's before it gets dark.Maybe I need to try the larger pin's for hunting or buy the light for my sight . I really like the sight but I wasn't happy with being unable to see my pin's within shooting hour's . As for the construction of this sight it's definetly biult rock solid .

nubo
Old 01-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nubo, I think you'll find the .029 are brighter. My advice would be to pick up a .029 pin for your 20 yarder to see if it is better for you since you already have a Hogg loaded with the .019 pins. That will save you cash if you don't like it.

Quick Reply: Spot-Hogg Sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.