Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A great weekend of wild hogs (pics) >

A great weekend of wild hogs (pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A great weekend of wild hogs (pics)

Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A great weekend of wild hogs (pics)

We made a trip last weekend to southeast texas to hunt hogs on a friends property. He said that he had lots of pigs but we had no idea there were going to be as many as there were. Within an hour of arriving at his house, my dad and I had each stuck a hog out of different groups. I don't have pictures of those two, but in the next 45 minutes the white pig and the black one both fell to my Slick Trick 100's.

The black hog came out first and stopped just past 30 yards. As soon as she stopped I let it fly and she fell over 10 yards later. In the mean time there were hogs funning everywhere! I saw the big white sow (she was white before the drag took place) and she didn't see me. I shot her a little over 10 yards away and she too fell in the next 10 yards.

The next morning we were still hunting up a creek into the wind when we saw about 15 hogs sound asleep on the bank. We snuck into about 25 yards and waited for them to start moving. About 5 minutes later they sorta stood up and messed around. They started walking single file down the creek. The rust colored hog stopped in my window and he too got a slick trick. He ran about 40 yards before expiring. All four hogs that I shot were complete pass throughs.

My setup is an 03 Hoy Razortec at 71lbs, Easton Axis 340 arrows tipped with a 100 gr. Slick Trick.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: A great weekend of wild hogs (pics)

Nicw piggies ans they went to market
Old 03-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the hogs. Sounds like you had a blast! That Slick Trick really looks to have done a number on them!
Old 03-06-2006, 02:16 PM

YEP CONGRATS
ORIGINAL: .308hunter

Congrats on the hogs. Sounds like you had a blast! That Slick Trick really looks to have done a number on them!