Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another Black Eye for Hunting >

Another Black Eye for Hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Black Eye for Hunting

Old 03-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another Black Eye for Hunting

I really do think it was an ok shot. It looked to be a quartering away shot. Deer didn't go far.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:30 AM

Also, in these TV shows the camera angle is not always the angle that the hunter has. Just something to think about. IMO if a deer is 30 yards away and you have a high powered rifle there are MANY shots that would be lethal, not just broadside
Old 03-01-2006, 10:01 AM

If a guy shooting a deer in the a$$( or not shooting him in the a$$) with a high-powered rifle at close range and making a quick recovery is a black eye on hunting, then as sportsmen we're fu(*ed.

I would think that with all of the big deer that Jerry Martinhas shot he could've waited for a broadside shot or just let the deer walk away
Maybe, just maybe, with all 'the big deer he's shot' he knew this shot would be sufficient, as apparently it was.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Coyote you need to take your medication and calm down a little bit.As far as passing judgement on another hunter when you throw it outthere on television and walk the walk of a "professional" hunter I believe that you open yourself up for critisism and to me if you shot through a bunch of brush just to hit a deer in the butt that ain't"professional".
Old 03-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

I'm really suprised by the number of people that think that this is OK. I don't know where and from whom you learned to hunt but I was taught that a butthole shot was VERY unethical and not a high percentage shot.I would think that with all of the big deer that Jerry Martinhas shot he could've waited for a broadside shot or just let the deer walk away. I've seen alot of hunters let deer walk having this same shot.
First off if he was shooting a high-power that shot is fine as long as the bullet is headed for vitals. Have you forgotten KE and penetration???? I watched my buddy's dad put a 270 bullett right up the ass of a 300 lb. mulie and watched it drop on the spot.....passing all the way through the animal.....
Old 03-01-2006, 05:05 PM

I did see it and first of all it was a little far fetched that he crawled up on this buck in those very dry leaves without the Buck taking off.Did you hear how loud he was walking? Of course the stalk part was filmed after the kill I'm sure.They did not show the deer clearly enough to see where he hit it. I thought they said it was quartering away which is a good shot.