Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dream scent suit >

Dream scent suit

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dream scent suit

Old 02-23-2006, 11:02 AM

Default Dream scent suit

if money was not an issue what is the best, coolest, andhandiest scent eliminating clothing. just dreaming

Old 02-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dream scent suit

I want something with silver x lining because it doesn't have to be re-charged. The thing is you can't re-charge a carbon lined suite in the drier like advertised because the temps you have to get the carbon up to, in order to recharge it are over 1000 degrees. I think silver may be the wave of the future.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:54 AM

Any clothing with Sliver is the way of the future the stuff works great. Hands down user friendly. I don't wear carbon at all any more.

The Silver XP Spary is awesome as well.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Xtremebone

Any clothing with Sliver is the way of the future the stuff works great. Hands down user friendly. I don't wear carbon at all any more.

I thought so. I've looked quite a bit for info on it. I'm gonna try that x-scent this year and see how it works. I'm pretty psyched about it. I can't wait for the day they come out with a silver lined suit.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:57 PM

YEP I AGREE ON THIS
ORIGINAL: Xtremebone

Old 02-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I've got an X-scent top and bottom and really like it. I think its probably a good thing but still trying it out. I got busted last year a few times wearing it but I don't think it had anything to do with the X-scent but rather I didn't spray down other areas not covered by the X-scent and another time was kind of warm and I was sweating like a pig. It says it will keep you warm in cool weather and cooler in warm weather but it seems to keep me warmer than cool. I've also worn it under my Scentlok and had no problems. I've also worn the Scentlok without the X-scent and had no problems. Here's the scent suit I've got. I like the 3D. Its got a lot of pockets, a built in arm guard, zippered legs, hood. You can take out the scent liner for warmer weather. Perfect suit for ME. Have had deer right under me. Shot an 8 late last year after 3 does, a fawn, a spike, and a nice 4 point came in from behind me, walked 5 yards past my left to front of me, then had 5 does come in from my right flank past me to my front - not one nose. Had 6 does earlier in the season come in to about 10 yards. Bumped the tree with my arm while drawing. They spooked at the noise but didn't run, just calmly walked off. Love the Scentlok. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat470076&rid=& indexId=cat600824&navAction=push&navCount= 3&parentType=index&parentId=cat600824& id=0020704
Old 02-24-2006, 05:38 AM

A silver lined suit may be a long time a way. Remember the Silver Fibers have to be worn touching the skin very important detail. So if you end up wearing ANYTHING under you silver clothes it will not work. That is way I were the lining systems touching or base layerand thenuse the Xtreme-Scents Silver XP on top of all my outter wear.

I know how many times you may have heard this but it has been almost 3 years since I have been winded mind you I do try to also play the wind but we all know how that works also. I have had deer walk the same path as me on the way in or out and not even for a minute have they been nosey. I have found the system that works for me.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:47 AM

Who sells the Silver XP clothing. I googled it yesterday and was only able to find the Silver XP spray.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:37 AM

The Silver XP is just a spray no clothing line.
That is what I meantto say,I wear the X-scent or X-Static same thing and then Spray down the outer wear with the Xtreme-Scents Silver XP spray.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:18 AM

I have the socks and the shirt and long underwear which I wear right next to my skin. They are all made by X-Scent. Now, I know many of you guys really like the X-Scent but I have to tell you, I am really not that impressed. I find that I smell just the same as if I didn't have it on. I remember there was one guy that wore his like 6 days in row and said that it didn't smell [&:] When I go down to my buddies cabin for a weekend of hunting, the second day of wearing the stuff it smells. And it's not like it is 50 degrees out and I am sweating like a pig or anything. It may be 20 or 30 degrees out and I am one of those guys that don't swear a lot. I just think it is a waste of money.

On the other hand I do have outer wear which is carbon lined. I have a jacket and pant made by Browning. It is hydrofleece with the scent sorb built in. I have had this same jacket and pant for about 8 years now and it hasn't let me down once. Super tough, super quiet, gore-tex lined as well for the wet days and keeps my scent in. I absolutely love it and dread the day that I have to pick out new clothing for bowhunting. I dread it because I don't even think browning makes the jacket with scent sorb anymore, only a bib. Who knows, maybe I will try that. Oh, and my jacket and pant combo was not cheap. Each cost me about $250. Initial cost was a lot but if you amortize over the number of times I have used it the price goes way down and is well worth it

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Dream scent suit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.