HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dream scent suit
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 09:18 AM
kpsingleton

Default RE: Dream scent suit

I have the socks and the shirt and long underwear which I wear right next to my skin. They are all made by X-Scent. Now, I know many of you guys really like the X-Scent but I have to tell you, I am really not that impressed. I find that I smell just the same as if I didn't have it on. I remember there was one guy that wore his like 6 days in row and said that it didn't smell [&:] When I go down to my buddies cabin for a weekend of hunting, the second day of wearing the stuff it smells. And it's not like it is 50 degrees out and I am sweating like a pig or anything. It may be 20 or 30 degrees out and I am one of those guys that don't swear a lot. I just think it is a waste of money.

On the other hand I do have outer wear which is carbon lined. I have a jacket and pant made by Browning. It is hydrofleece with the scent sorb built in. I have had this same jacket and pant for about 8 years now and it hasn't let me down once. Super tough, super quiet, gore-tex lined as well for the wet days and keeps my scent in. I absolutely love it and dread the day that I have to pick out new clothing for bowhunting. I dread it because I don't even think browning makes the jacket with scent sorb anymore, only a bib. Who knows, maybe I will try that. Oh, and my jacket and pant combo was not cheap. Each cost me about $250. Initial cost was a lot but if you amortize over the number of times I have used it the price goes way down and is well worth it

Good Luck.