Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switchback LD

Old 02-21-2006, 07:55 PM

Default Switchback LD

Does anyone own this new bow from Mathews? I am interested in buying a bow, and I know that this is just about the only bow they offer that will provide a long enough draw length. I know this goes up to 32". There are a few nice -looking Hoyt bows that could work for me as well. They all look good in specifications, and the LD is the only one I have held in person. I really liked it, but am interested if anyone has some information or opinions that I could use when going to the pro shop. Thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default RE: Switchback LD

I don't have one but I can tell you it's one sweet bow. I know that it would be a great choice. You would have a bow a life time.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:56 AM

I have shot one very nice bow like the switchback, smooth, quiet, no recoil and forgiving.

Bug
Old 02-22-2006, 05:14 AM

I do own one and I can say that it is the sweetest shooting bow and one of the most accurate bows I have ever shot!!If you are wanting a speed deamon it is not the one for you.But if you want a dependable accurate
and unbelivably Quiet bow this on IS for you!I hve a 30 inch draw.You
will get about 20fps more at 32 inches depending on your arrow.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think there's a Hoyt Trykon LD too with a 9" brace height.

ORIGINAL: KentuckyBuck

Does anyone own this new bow from Mathews? I am interested in buying a bow, and I know that this is just about the only bow they offer that will provide a long enough draw length. I know this goes up to 32". There are a few nice -looking Hoyt bows that could work for me as well. They all look good in specifications, and the LD is the only one I have held in person. I really liked it, but am interested if anyone has some information or opinions that I could use when going to the pro shop. Thanks
Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Opinions? Yeah, everyone has one....Suggestion, shoot as many as possible.. you might be surprised. Here's what I did.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421735
Old 02-22-2006, 12:29 PM

Thanks to all who replied
To be sure, I will need to do some research, but more importantly some shooting and experimenting. No bow is perfect for everyone, and they are all good enough to kill deer I would say. I'll be buying one this spring though, I hope. Good luck to whoever else is as well.