Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Switchback Xt

Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Switchback Xt

Hi, I just got my new xt a couple of days ago and have been shooting it.. I like the bow alot but one thing that is bugging me is that when i got home from my dealer, i was putting on my arrow tool to see if my rest was too far in or to far out... because on some of my shots i could see me arrow dance alittle bit. So my question is are the rests on xt's not suppose to be in the center or close to it...
Old 07-27-2007, 05:41 AM

Default RE: Switchback Xt

The exact proper position of the rest will be determined by the spine of the arrow used, but for things to go smoothly when tuning, it should be close to centershot. If you have the wrong arrows, you may not be able to get very close.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:50 AM
bigcountry

By eyeballing, it should be close to centershot. I find the tools useless. You can usually hold the bow and look and see. If you find yourself putting the rest way far away from the riser, check for clearance.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:58 AM

Other things that will alter what manufacturers refer to as true centershot, besides spine, are;
machining tolerances,
riser twist,
limb pocket to riser fit,
limb twist,
limb to riser fit,
cam lean,
idler lean,
axle alignment,
bearing/bushing failure,
string fatique/failure.

Archery equipment, an absolute science.

By the way, don't forgetthe human errors that can also cause centershot misalignment.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

Other things that will alter what manufacturers refer to as true centershot, besides spine, are;
machining tolerances,
riser twist,
limb pocket to riser fit,
limb twist,
limb to riser fit,
cam lean,
idler lean,
axle alignment,
bearing/bushing failure,
string fatique/failure.

Archery equipment, an absolute science.

By the way, don't forgetthe human errors that can also cause centershot misalignment.

So so true.......lol.

Most Mathews that I have seen are going to tune somewhere close to 13/16" from the inside of the riser for center shot. That should be a good baseline for you.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mathews bows aren't going set up to be anywhere close to true centershot when the arrow is square to the bow.

Their bows torque very badly so they began puting that stripe down the center of the grip to give you a reference point to start and that little stipe is miles from center.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Their bows torque very badly so they began puting that stripe down the center of the grip to give you a reference point to start and that little stipe is miles from center.
I have never had any problems with my Mathews Torquing.