Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nugent

Old 02-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nugent

I would have to know more about his policies before I voted for him.
Well said, Mizzouhunter.

Bringing attention to the sport? Yes -- sometimes for the good, sometimes not so. Do I want him influencing policy? Not so sure about that one. Conservation is a science, not a half-cocked theory of just "opening up game limits and weapons." While I enjoy mytime afield as much as anyone, I respect the biologists who know what they're talking about using sound reasoning to establish limits and provide enjoyment properly.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:19 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

SteveBNy, get us a reputable source. I would dare say I'm not alone in thinking things you cut and paste from the Animal LiberationFront webpage may not be entirely accurate. Do you find it interesting that the only place that these quotes are popping up are from the same leftist sources? Likely not as you are afraid to try to think for yourself. Here is a link for all to see as to where Steve is garnering all of the FACTS. Would think it should be against board rules to link animal rightswebsites?

http://www.nocompromise.org
Old 02-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

The man is a serial adulter,that is a fact.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

you beat me to it mez.... he is backing up his facts with quotes from nocompromise.org??????? I think SteveBNy must have an alternate agenda....

seems ffunny how every time ted is on a talk show he takes all the abuse and comes away a winner of any and all debates.
I was never a big Nuge fan and still don't know enough about his policies to say I'd vote for him, but the above quote is one thing I have noticed over and over again!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ted_Nugent

Was Ted Nugent a draft dodger. Is this section true?
Nugent dodged the draft during the Vietnam War. In an interview for the Detroit Free Press (July 15, 1990), Nugent described how he avoided the draft: He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with excrement and stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. His quote: “ but if I would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed, , or I’d have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes… I would have killed everybody.”
Old 02-20-2006, 10:10 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Charlie P, that web page didn't make a lot of sense, or I'm just slow? You however did leave off the quote directly below what you cut and pasted:
"Why is the false draft story continually reinserted. The interview was a parody in High Times."
Old 02-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Typical response - I give my opinion on TN and I must be peta, antihunter orhave a hidden agenda. Nothing hidden - I think he is an ego driven jerkserving his own agenda. - nothing else. Every good thing he does gets canceled by his own mouth and actions - like(but not limited to)being unarguably a serial adulterer.

I did a search and found dozens of such glowing reports of Ted's self promoting character. I just posted a link to a typical one without really checking its origin - my mistake and it won't happen again - there are too many others that may be used. They did however back every quote with references.

Still no refutes on the draft dodging? This is a no win debate - I'll leave the worshippers to their "Spirit blood brother" idol.
Have fun in Ted's fantasy world.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Because that was a response from a poster and it's wrong. It wasn't a parody in High times.

The original article appeared in a Magazine in the 70's had been talked about since then.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

ted nugent does more to benifit hunting and gun ownership in a day than you will do in your whole pethetic life
Specifics please I know he had a radio show and talked in front of Congress but what does he really do that benifits hunting?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:29 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Typical response - I give my opinion on TN and I must be peta, antihunter orhave a hidden agenda.
Not a typical response from me, expected would be more like it. I followed YOUR link and it took me to an animal rights website. You acknowledged your mistake but the qote above is a cheap shot with no merit. I don't know if Nugent dodged the draft? I would like to know, I'm not going to believe a link from a single quote from the Detroit Free Press that is on an animal rights website. I would like a link to the article that it was quoted from? Can anyone provide that? Where was the article published?With what you have provided for sources there is nothing to refute.

Quick Reply: Nugent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.