Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest >

"Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Old 02-14-2006, 09:49 AM

Default RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

ORIGINAL: bearklr

ORIGINAL: Ohio Ross Guy

i was praising this rest before i was a staff shooter....thats why i became a staff shooter...i was defending this rest from your remarks in your first post.how can you tare something down that you obviosly never even used.just because you dont like the idea doesnt mean it doesnt work. maybe i come on a little strong and if i do,i apologize...im just sticking up for what i believe in.
That's fine. You can say whatever you want about the rest just as I can say what I think about it. The difference is I was talking about the rest and only the rest. I didn't feel the need to say that everyone else doesn't know what their talking about. Funny how I never said I was an expert and that everyone should listen to what I say or else. I gave an opinion and if you don't like it I could care less but for heavens sake get off of your soapbox. Give an honest opinion and quit tearing down everyone elses.

i find it kind of funny that you have no idea what your talking about
Yup...nailed me on that one. In the whole 30 days you've been on here you have me pegged.

they will just presume they know that the rest doesnt work when in reality they dont have a clue
Once again let me explain. These statements are called OPINIONS and can be changed depending upon the responses of those who use the product. I never said I used the rest and that my post was gospel. But if you wouldn't have got your panties in a bunch and just posted a rational informational response we wouldn't even be having this conversation now would we.
i said you dont know what your talking about when it comes to this rest...and you dont...have you ever tried one?i didnt think so because if you did,you wouldnt have said some of the things you said....like you said..everyone is entitled to their opinion but you said that you will stick with what works and not the gimmicks...ok how do you know it doesnt work..you dont because you never used one but yet you felt compelled to bash it.my reply to people not having a clue was also directed to you.when it comes to this rest,you dont have a clue and yet you still want to bash it...if i dont like the idea of a product,i dont bash it...i will try to find a way to try it out and see how it works.if i tried it and dont like it then i atleast have solid reasons on why i dont like it....
Old 02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is rediculous. It's obvious that no matter what anyone says you won't come down from your pedestal. I didn't bash the rest. I made OPINIONS based on what I saw and read. I said "I BET there would be some contact" not "there is deffinitely contact, this rest is horrible, it doesn't work at all, if you buy it your a moron". I made a statement from LOOKING at the rest and READING POSTS from threads that you evidently chose not to read. I apologize if I chose to believe someone else's posts who also tested and used the rest. You see it is actually possible for an individual to have opinions based on feedback from various other people who have actually used the rest as well. I guess that is why they have thousands of articles on all the new equipment that hits the market. We all don't have 150 bucks to just try one out so we make opinions based on what a number of other people have found. All you had to do was give your opinion and drop it but I can see now that this is a battle not worth fighting. Good luck...give the rest a kiss goodnight for me when you tuck it in bed.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:34 AM

This is rediculous. It's obvious that no matter what anyone says you won't come down from your pedestal. I didn't bash the rest. I made OPINIONS based on what I saw and read. I said "I BET there would be some contact" not "there is deffinitely contact, this rest is horrible, it doesn't work at all, if you buy it your a moron". I made a statement from LOOKING at the rest and READING POSTS from threads that you evidently chose not to read. I apologize if I chose to believe someone else's posts who also tested and used the rest. You see it is actually possible for an individual to have opinions based on feedback from various other people who have actually used the rest as well. I guess that is why they have thousands of articles on all the new equipment that hits the market. We all don't have 150 bucks to just try one out so we make opinions based on what a number of other people have found. All you had to do was give your opinion and drop it but I can see now that this is a battle not worth fighting. Good luck...give the rest a kiss goodnight for me when you tuck it in bed.
i dont put myself on any pedestal.....i did give my opinion and you must not of liked it because you keep coming back with these little smart a$$ remarks towards me.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

What a representative for the companies you have listed in your sig, Ohio Ross Guy! I'm sure you're gonna have these guys lining up to buy the products you supposedly front for.

How'd you like for someone to forward the link to this thread to all those outfits? Wanna find out what it's like to be an ex-staffer?
Old 02-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I started this thread I was looking for somebody's opinion who has actually used it. That being said, I appreciate the comments from the factory shooter since he has experience with the product. I also appreciate him identifying himself as a factory shooter because it puts his opinions in perspective for me. I didn't meet to start a pis*ing match here - I just wanted somebody's opinion who has first hand experience with the product. Since I don't have $150 dollars to spend on a rest I'll just wait until I hear more positive reviews from more people who have actually tried it. Personally I'm not crazy about having to re-cut my arrows and change the weight of my inserts. If they ever found a way around that part I'd definitely buy one.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

When I started this thread I was looking for somebody's opinion who has actually used it. That being said, I appreciate the comments from the factory shooter since he has experience with the product. I also appreciate him identifying himself as a factory shooter because it puts his opinions in perspective for me. I didn't meet to start a pis*ing match here - I just wanted somebody's opinion who has first hand experience with the product. Since I don't have $150 dollars to spend on a rest I'll just wait until I hear more positive reviews from more people who have actually tried it. Personally I'm not crazy about having to re-cut my arrows and change the weight of my inserts. If they ever found a way around that part I'd definitely buy one.

i apologize for the pis$ing match....stu does have some things in the works for the concerns you have mentioned.he is trying to make it more user friendly and im sure he will.its just going to take a little time.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have been over this before , as Len stated , looks like a gimmick to me ,in hunting situations many times 1 1/2 seconds is the diferance between harvested game and lost oppertunaty
Old 02-14-2006, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

What a representative for the companies you have listed in your sig, Ohio Ross Guy! I'm sure you're gonna have these guys lining up to buy the products you supposedly front for.

How'd you like for someone to forward the link to this thread to all those outfits? Wanna find out what it's like to be an ex-staffer?
your right...i shouldnt get into it like this.i have given the best information that i can and i hope it helps anyone who wants to know about the rest.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

We have been over this before , as Len stated , looks like a gimmick to me ,in hunting situations many times 1 1/2 seconds is the diferance between harvested game and lost oppertunaty
i understand that also and hopefully it will be worked out.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:14 PM

wow !!! amazing !! unbelievable!!...just kidding. This thing is meant to catch hunters. I find it funny how he has the entire inside of the rest covered in microfleece. When an arrow is fired it flexes to I bet that you will still have some sort of contact with the rest. The walls of the rest just look too close to the arrow for it not too. I have seen this same rest ages ago on here and I believe everyone came to the same conclusion. Just stick with what works and forget these new gimmicks.
ok bearklr....lets quit the arguing and lets start over...if you get the chance,try one out and let me know what you think.

Quick Reply: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.