Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest >

"Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Old 02-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

That would be nice to know. I believe their website said 175 degrees which I know is still pretty hot but then again I never took the temp of my bowcase.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:06 AM

Ohio Ross Guy:

I can see how you felt. The statement was pointed, but qualified by the 'probably'. Sooooo many 'staff shooters' are given products, and because of that, become compelled to PUSH those products heavily. If you pay for yours, my compliments; however, that doesn't seem to be the norm.

As far as the link, yes I did pick the wrong one. There is only a brief paragraph indicating how the Air Rest has problems similar to another rest. The indepth discussion I posted was on another forum and I won't link that forum to this one.

Therefore, I went back to that forum and copied only my responses. You will note different colors designating different responses to othermembers of that forum. Here they are;

From dead zero to +/- 1/8 inch is all the travel/support you have. That's the specification I got at the ATA Show. That's very little 'support' for any type of archery when you consider all the variables.[:@]

They were being sampled on several bows in the shooting area and I personally witnessed failure of both of them. Good idea? Yes. Needs a lot more work? You bet!

[/align]
Let me address your concerns.
1) The failures I witnessed were on two bows where therest would NOT bring the arrows up at full draw. There was a gentleman there who was identified as the designer. He was trying to figure out what was wrong. I've got some ideas, but I don't speculate.
2)
I was shooting mine just after I got it and happened to creep down a bit and my arrow did fall as I released, Hit 2 inches low at 20 yards.
Doesn't your own experience prove that this problem exists? Imagine this at both a competition during the final rounds and during a hunting scenario when that 'big boy' stands in front of you at 20 yards.
3)
As for acuracy my groups are 1 inch smaller at 30 yards than with my whisker biscuit.
[/align]I didn't say it couldn't be a good rest/idea. I just contend that it needs a lot more work to make it marketable to the general archery community. Think about the archers who don't have a 'hard back wall' and are duped into thinking this restwill work for them.

Please let me explain this last issue in more detail. While it works, it doesn't serve 'Murphy's Law'. Consider those bows that have a 'post' draw stop. Suppose, during a hunting situation, the shooter pulls very hard in haste on his target and that draw stop gets moved. Or, worse yet, the draw stop breaks/falls off.

Remember, I was told that there was Zero +/- 1/8" tolerance. This means that you have to get your arrow/magnet length relative to your min/max drawlength perfectly adjusted. With this type of precision you then only have +/- 1/8". Now let's suppose that you've done this with the utmost of accuracy and over a few months of shooting and temperature changes your string or cable(s) stretch. 1/8" movement is not much under these circumstances either.

Now let's suppose that the installer/tuner is not as good as you at setting up this rest with perfect precision. Let's say that the tuner misses by 1/16". This means that he/she only has 1/16" (depending upon which direction he/she misses) before disaster occurs.

I would speculate that +/- 1/2" would make this rest much more marketable. This is 4X more than what is now offered. I don't think this is too unreasonable a request for either the tournament or hunting community.

I am in total agreement with you about extending the magnetized area and other ways to make the design more attractive to the marketplace. I've got several ideas that might help. Maybe they'll call me.

I've got designs and design assists existing in the archery industry right now. Most manufacturers, however, think I just run a PRO Shop.

BTW, the idea of vanes that 'pop out' during launch already exists in the missle defense industry.

First, the ones at the show were set up by the rest manufacturer. Second, if I shoot a bow for testing purposes, WHY does it have to fit me? I tune bows all day long and only a small percentage of them fit me. There is a difference between testing and accuracy/aiming.

Next, I didn't say the rest won't work. I said it didn't work then and won't work for every application/ bow design in its present form. I recommended the manufacturer take a good idea back to the drawing board to make it work over a broader spectrum. I also question why back tension seems to be a criteria here. Most of the archery industry does not shoot with back tension; so, the product should address the bulk of the market if the manufacturer wants to reap maximum profits/success.

Finally, please learn to accept my criticism as constructive, based on much broader usage applications and a desire to benefit the archery industry as a whole.

[/align]I apologize forthe incorrect link and hope this sheds more light on my position.
[/align][/align]

[/align]
Old 02-16-2006, 06:58 PM

What happened to Ohio Ross Guy? He posted for 2 days hot and heavy about one subject:

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/15/2006 7:59:56 AM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 10:08:45 PM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 1:14:21 PM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 1:08:46 PM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 1:03:36 PM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 12:54:21 PM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 12:34:25 PM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 10:49:39 AM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 8:36:36 AM

RE: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest 2/14/2006 8:18:18 AM

Then he just disappeared. I trust he'll have more to discuss if he comes back.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:33 PM

im still here...trying to deal with my father passing.its been a little rough.i will be posting more soon...
Old 02-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Best wishes, Ross Guy...
Old 02-16-2006, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Best wishes, Ross Guy...
thank you.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:08 PM

That's the second time today I've been faced with someone's father passing. I feel for your loss and offer my sincere best wishes for you and your family.

I lostbothmy mother and father 25 years ago but have many fond memories.

Come back when you feel up to it. We'll save a spot for you.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

That's the second time today I've been faced with someone's father passing. I feel for your loss and offer my sincere best wishes for you and your family.

I lostbothmy mother and father 25 years ago but have many fond memories.

Come back when you feel up to it. We'll save a spot for you.
thank you,i will definatly be sticking around and i will try to post often....i really like this forum,it seems like theres alot of good people here.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:01 AM

lost my mom this past summer. feeling it for you buddy.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

I just said a prayer asking the Lord to give you peace and comfort in this time of loss to you and your family. May He bless you right now. We will be waiting on you when you get back. Take care.

Quick Reply: "Air Rest" Levitating arrow rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.