Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Todays hunting shows >

Todays hunting shows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Public land hunts with plenty deer but less "monster buck" sightings
12.90%
Guided hunts on unfamilar land that some else has managed and scouted
3.23%
Privately owned and managed land hunts
6.45%
"average" buck harvests that average joe can relate to
14.52%
Informative hunts that focus more on info and technique than a kill
24.19%
A mixture of all
35.48%
Other(explain)
3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Todays hunting shows

Old 02-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Todays hunting shows

Told you it was coming! Like I said in my original post, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Or else lets go back to the dark ages of no hunting shows on TV.
Dan, if enough people decide to tune out and not watch, there won't be any shows. Sponsors won't pay to air a show that nobody watches.

When were those 'dark ages' without hunting shows? American Sportsman on ABC all through the 60's! When was the last time you saw a hunting show on a major broadcast network instead of one of the specialty cable networks? Since American Sportsman in the 60's, that's how long.

Edit...

By the way, Dan, I think the fella is asking what kind of shows I WOULD watch, not what I'd turn off.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:37 PM

Doesn't matter to me...just not into watching hunting shows. I'd GLADLY go back to NO outdoors channels if I'd never have to see NASCAR again. lol I'm just mad because yesterday NASCAR was showing during a time that MX was supposed to be on.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Told you it was coming! Like I said in my original post, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Or else lets go back to the dark ages of no hunting shows on TV.
Dan, if enough people decide to tune out and not watch, there won't be any shows. Sponsors won't pay to air a show that nobody watches.

When were those 'dark ages' without hunting shows? American Sportsman on ABC all through the 60's! When was the last time you saw a hunting show on a major broadcast network instead of one of the specialty cable networks? Since American Sportsman in the 60's, that's how long.

Edit...

By the way, Dan, I think the fella is asking what kind of shows I WOULD watch, not what I'd turn off.
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you over this Arthur. I know you know what I meant. All I'm saying is too many shows are better than too few shows. Then pick and choose which you want to watch.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to see a camera shot of where they actually hit it.I think to many claim to get a good shot when it looks marginal to me.More realistic with the average Joe
Old 02-13-2006, 05:09 PM

I like tred barta. does it all the real way...no endorsments...shows himself failing and suceeding......i just think hes pretty real.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:19 PM

I would be more interested in watching a hunting show if it truley tried to represent the real life experiences of most hunters. The kind of shows I see were ok for a couple of shows, but quickly became boring. Watching a couple of noisy, fat, 60-70 yr. old men shoot a buffalo (posing as a cow) is not my idea of hunting. I think an educated guide narrating a hunt on public land with real hunters and real hardships would be so much more interesting. Anything that would expose the public to the true and honest experiences of hunting would be great......and drive the Libs and Antis crazy! Show alot more of the magnificent animals in their natural environment. It is often more interesting to witness the animal outsmart the hunter.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

I'd like to see a camera shot of where they actually hit it.I think to many claim to get a good shot when it looks marginal to me.More realistic with the average Joe
LOL, I saw one the other day. The arrow was clearly sticking straight out of the deer's shoulder, pretty much the whole arrow.

The voice over says...."Bob thinks he's got a good hit..."

Later, they're posing with the buck and at the end the voice over says...
" They recovered the buck just 100 yards away......strangely enough, the recovery footage was never found...."

I thought that, while not totally honest, was funny enough.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:56 AM

All the above
Old 02-16-2006, 11:03 AM

Thanks guys for all the replies. It seems no matter where I go I hear the same ideas and opinions, which is the same ideas that I've already started working with. I have a team working to put together a video with many scenarios so that every hunter can relate. We are starting from post season shed hunting footage, all the way through scouting, shooting, stand placement....etc.. All the way through the field dressing and caping. In gathering opinions from you guys, we should be able to satisfy what most hunters like to see. We still have sponsors that must be mentioned, but like others have said someones got to pay the bills.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted other. i dont care where ya hunt and how you doit. Tell us about it. Dont come out and say "we are hunting in W. Ill on the So and So ranch and i feel good about today. Elaborate, we are hunting this area because.....We picked this spot to place our stand because......and for petes sake shoot a doe once in a while most of us do!