Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I NEED HELP WITH A DEER I SHOT >

I NEED HELP WITH A DEER I SHOT

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I NEED HELP WITH A DEER I SHOT

Old 10-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default I NEED HELP WITH A DEER I SHOT

I'll make a long story short. I shot a deer tonight and I hit it in the guts. I shot it at 6:30 pm got down and looked at the area that it was standing when i shot it at 6:45pm and found a small area of hair and watery blood. i didn't find my arrow. I didn't look for the deer I just left and came home. i will look tomarrow morning.

How long should i wait tomarrow befreo i start looking 7am, 8am, 10am etc. Temps got down in the high 30's tonight and high tomarrow whould be in the upper 50's.

he was quarting to me just slightly when i shot, like i said i didn't find my arrow.

If i find it tomarrow i will post the story.

Old 10-20-2002, 09:37 PM

Default RE: I NEED HELP WITH A DEER I SHOT

Man that is tough. About the 3rd such post tonight. Suggest you start once you get good daylight.

Was the blood bubbly like lung blood? What color was the blood. Are you sure you hit the gut? If so the arrow will tell the story. Smell like stomach contacts or worse. Tough luck. Hope you find it. Definitely give us a post either way.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

First light. It would be best to not to by yourself. It's always nice to have a helping hand there.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

the blood was real light in color and there was some stomach matter on the ground. no bubbles.

the shot was about 15 yds. with a 75 gr. muzzy head.

Old 10-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

if you remember where she went in at, you might not look to much futher than that since you didnt push her. you probally wont have much blood cuz the gut bag will clog the hole. Ive had this happen once. I would go in first light and look for sign and SMELL for her. she probally beeded and died. dont give up without a good search
Old 10-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

Having tracked a friends gut shot animal just three weeks ago you were wise to back off. Take a second pair of eyes with you and I'd be willing to bet you find the animal in about a hundred yards or less.

Don't forget that a lot of tracking these animals is on your hands and knees. Don't expect blood any more than every 5 or 6 feet. Intestines and/or intestinal matter may just block most of the blood from dropping.

Bowhunter