Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ameristep

Old 02-05-2006, 11:45 AM

Default Ameristep

I recently bought an Ameristep TSC Doghouse blind with the TSC shoot through windows. It says that you can shoot fixed-blade broadheads through it,but I'm not sold on it. How well does it work for you guys that have shot through them?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ameristep

I've got the same blind and had reservations about shooting thru the mesh also. I set up my target and shot a few thru it just to test it and the arrows flew true. I only took one shot at a deer thru it and missed but I'm quite sure it had nothing to do with the mesh, just a bad shot. I think it works but I'll have more confidence in it when I actually hit something shooting thru the mesh.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:46 PM

Ditto. I have had not problem hitting my 3d target from it shooting through the mesh.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:25 PM

It works just fine. No issues at all. Not only have I shot out of mesh, but if it didn't work.....it wouldn't be so popular on EVERY blind made.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

killed 2 out of mine this year shooting through the mesh. I did practice shooting at a target and it did ont effect where it hit. I only practiced to 20 yards.
Tip: to make sure they cannot smell you use some skunk scent. It stinks butWILL work. i got winded 3 or 4 times in a row on that setup this year. I used some skunknext 2 times and scored.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:32 PM

Off topic, but I've never understood using skunk scent as a cover scent. Isn't the stink from a skunk used as an evasion to danger?