Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ameristep harness

Old 09-11-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Ameristep harness

I purchased an Ameristep harness last season but never climbed into my stand - just still hunted all season. I will, however use the stand this year.
I cannot find the instructions for this harness. It is model 227. I know how to put it on but cannot figure out what one of the straps are for.
On the back there is the brown webbing that hooks to the strap around the tree. But there is another strap just below this, a small strap, that is the same camo pattern as the harness and is attached to the middle section of the harness.
Can anyone tell me what this is for?

Thanks,
Sonoran
Old 09-12-2005, 04:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ameristep harness

The strap you're referring to attaches to your belt and replaces leg straps . I have the same harness and don't like it , I'll be upgrading this year .