Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Draw Length Question HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Draw Length Question HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Draw Length Question HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Draw Length Question HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got measured for my draw lenght and it is 33 1/2" is that abnormal? What should I do? Get a custom bow? I NEED ANSWERS!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Draw Length Question HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, how big a guy are ya??? there are some pretty rudimentary ways to measure your draw length. But until you start shooting you probably wont know your exact length. From what I have seen, there are alot of people out there with draw lengths that are too long for them. As I shot year after year I found that my draw length was ALOT shorter than what I thought it was. Your nock should be right below your eye to properly pull through a shot.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:32 PM

HMMMmmmmmmm, i think you are gonna have to bend the rules a bit and BEND that arm!!! Hope this helps, Good Luck...
Old 02-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my draw length is 33" but I'm also 6'10" tall. It definetely is tough to find a bow that fits. I am currently shooting a custom made one. It is a browning riser with custom limbs. Axle to Axle it is 46" long. I am looking to get a new bow, most likely a Hoyt ProTec with the XT 3000 limbs, this goes out to 33.5" draw. I would definetely re-check that length though just to be sure.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about a LONG string loop???
Old 02-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

I saw on hunting show a while back. They went to the factory to watch them put the camo pattern on the new bows. Anyways, the teck there was measuring up the host for draw length. Told him to put hims palms together and arms straight out. Then he had him raise his arms up to about a 45' angle. Then he measured form his chestup to his finger tips.

It must be kind of a starting point to get the draw lengthclose. I would think a loop and release would change that length some what.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:15 PM

OK, so check out the bows on www.martinarchery.com They have sveral bows that reach as far as 35" drawlengths. The RazorXElite would be a dream bow for such as long draw.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Well, my draw length is 33" but I'm also 6'10" tall. It definetely is tough to find a bow that fits. I am currently shooting a custom made one. It is a browning riser with custom limbs. Axle to Axle it is 46" long. I am looking to get a new bow, most likely a Hoyt ProTec with the XT 3000 limbs, this goes out to 33.5" draw. I would definetely re-check that length though just to be sure.
6'10"??????

You don't need a tree stand, your already a tree!!!!

Just envious kidding from a short guy who has a hard time finding a decent 26" bow.