Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

game ears

Old 10-19-2002, 05:23 AM

Default game ears

im thinking of useing them any input would be appreciated
Old 10-19-2002, 11:55 AM

Default RE: game ears

Don't expect full magic. If you watch the walker infommercial then one gets the idea they are bionic. I use one occasionally. If there is any wind, forget it. If its a quiet woods then they help. The biggest problem is learning to focus on certain sounds and filtering out the rest of it.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: game ears

Too me, unless you wear two of them, you simply can't tell where the sound is coming from. Our hearing works best in stereo, both ears hearing at the same level, so if you amplify one ear, you loose the ability to determine which direction the sound is coming from. And, yes, if there is any wind and you wear one, it sounds like you're in a tornado., and if it's calm, that squirrel in the distance, will drive ya nuts, 'cause you'll keep thinking that there is a deer coming. I've tryed them, and just didn't help me.