Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another Antler Scoring Question >

Another Antler Scoring Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Antler Scoring Question

Old 01-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Antler Scoring Question

Well it looks like the majority is saying B, but I'm in the process of posting it in the Deer Hunting section too, so we will see what they have to say.

I'll let you know what they have to say later on. LOL....I never would have thought this question would have so many different answers.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the deer. Its B, theres a thread at the top in the hunting contest forum explaining it. Each beam (in your case spike) gets 4 measurements regardless of points, evenly spaced along the beam.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got It!! Thats what I read somewhere, but I just couldn't remember. Thanks for reminding me where it is.

Here is what it says:
Measuring circumferences:

Regardless of the number of points the buck has, you get four circumference measurements on each beam. Circumference is often referred to as mass because it indicates the bulkiness of the rack. All circumferences are taken at the smallest point between two tines or at designated locations along the main beam if the buck has eight or fewer typical points. The first circumference is taken at the smallest point between the base and the brow tine. The second is taken at the smallest point between the brow tine (called the G1) and first primary typical point (called G2). If the beam has only two points (three total) the next measurement is taken 1/3 of the way from the lst point to the end of the main beam and the fourth is taken 2/3 of the way out. If the beam only has three points (four points total) the fourth circumference is taken half way between the last point and the end of the main beam.