Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Things you have seen while on stand >

Things you have seen while on stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things you have seen while on stand

Old 10-24-2002, 10:36 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2002, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Things you have seen while on stand

Well, I was hunting near the woods once and had a guy come in off the adjoining neighborhood. He was working on a guys lawn. He was yapping on his cell phone, dropped, pooped 35 yards away and moved out. I had a guy almost whizz on my boot once as I was set up in a hasty ground blind in a big bush. I'm on one side and he relieves himself on the other side and never knew I was there. I saw a boy hunter and a girl hunter in a tree once doing .... weeeeeeell, it was the rut. I've seen all kinds of crazy animal things. Every antic imaginable from bobcats, to fishers to squirrels and hawks.

Old 10-25-2002, 07:16 AM
Spike

I was hunting in SE Virginia a few years back. We hunt deer there with hounds and it is so much fun. Anyway, I was sitting in my tree stand at the bottom of this hill in the woods. I heard the dogs coming my way and got ready. I had already filled my buck tag and could only shoot doe, so that's what I was hoping the dogs were chasing. Anyway, a short while after I first heard the dogs, I see a NICE 8 point come down the hill towards me at a fast walk. He goes right under my stand and past me. He was now towards my left. Next, he walks around some Holly trees in a circle about 3 times, then goes off straight to my left. I thought he left and looked back towards where the dogs would be coming and the next thing I know, that same buck came back right under me and walked back up the hill, using the same path he walked down on. He gets half way up the hill, looks the area over and JUMPS over some bushes and stands still, behind a holly tree and watches the trail. A few minutes later, the dogs come charging over the hill and down to me, howling like no tomorrow. They go straight on down the hill while me and that buck just watched. The dogs get to where the deer went in a circle and got really confused. They finally went out the same path the deer went away from me then they all shut up. The buck was still standing there and I'm trying not to laugh. That old buck outsmarted those dogs and he didn't even breathe hard. After about 20 minutes more, the buck must've figured it was safe and went on back the way he came. I couldn't believe I saw the whole thing. I'm kinda glad I wasn't able to shoot him or I'd have missed the whole deal. Very interesting. Now tell me a mature buck isn't smart!

Old 10-25-2002, 10:04 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2002, 12:59 PM

One moment I will never forget is when my Dad and I were in our stands and watched an albino chipmunk that entire morning. This was in Forest County PA
Old 10-25-2002, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't see it coming, but a bat flew right into my arm two nights ago. Scared the s**t out of me. Nothing worse than a flying rat.

Old 10-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]