Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What arows do you recommend for my setup. >

What arows do you recommend for my setup.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What arows do you recommend for my setup.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Spike

Default What arows do you recommend for my setup.

Ijust bought a new bow and am now accessorizing- I bought the NAP quik tune 2000 rest andCopper John dead nuts sight. My concern is what arrows to buy.
I am going to have it set up for 64-65 lbs, have a 29-291/2" draw length. What other things to I have to take into consideration?? I want carbon arrows, but everything else is up in the air ie, price, weight, broadheads.
Alittle advice would be most welcome.

Mike
Old 01-20-2006, 08:58 AM

Default RE: What arows do you recommend for my setup.

I would suggest trying some at you local proshop to see what works better with your setup.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:17 AM

My recomendation:
Shafts: 29" Easton Axis ST 340 (tough as nails, silent when drawing and are virtually unaffected by crosswinds)
I checked the easton chart, at your drawlength/poundage you can shoot 100 or 125 grain heads with that spine. If you go down to 75 grains, you'll have to get the 400s instead. This goes for pretty much any carbon arrow as well I believe. They should run you about $80 for 6 cut, fletched and inserts and field points installed.

I haven't hunted with them yet, but I test shot a slick trick 4 blade 100 the other day at the shop. Shot right with my field tips and are reported to have awesome penetration.

You can download the easton shaft selection software here:
http://www.eastonarchery.com/downloads.asp
Old 01-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Dominant Buck

You're going to get as many replies as their are different types of arrows. You can pretty much take it as a given, as the price goes up so does the quality usually. Depends on how much of a nit picker you are for perfection. Depends on if you're a hunter or a spot shooter. Then too, the particular arrow you choose is also going to depend on the weight and type of your head. I've killed probably just as many deer as most. I'm a hunter. I could care less about the robbinhoods. However, I do want every arrow to shoot where I need itunder all conditions. I want it to penetrate and exit. I want it to make a nice blood trail. I want the broadhead to be reliable and strong. I've found that all these things happen with a moderatly fast bow pushingan340 ICS Hunter tipped with a fixed 125 grain thunderhead. I've experimented with a ton of broadheads and killed deer with probably a dozen different types. The last 40 or 50 have died with Thunderheads. Second on my list would be Muzzy or something like that. You have to play. The arrows, they hold up and I get 8-10 goodones from a dozen to fly well from my well tuned bow. Once I prove an arrow to be a true hunter (flies straight at all ranges with a broadhead everytime) it goes in the quiver until it's shot through a deer. You'll get others that swear theirs is the only one. Those people havn't tried enough of them. Their are many that'll do. Depends on your budget and tolerances to get the best you can.