Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can anybody recommend .....

Old 11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Can anybody recommend .....

Can anbody recommend a good synthetic doe in heat sent for me to try? The real stuff is not permitted here anymore due to CWD. Thanks
Old 11-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can anybody recommend .....

sorry that i cant recommend anything to you, but i do no that CWD really, really, really sucks
Old 11-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find it best to use a couple of different ones. You never know what everyone else in the woods is using. I use all the normal ones available and just use a small amount of each. Maybe some tinks 69 on one boot, hunter specialties on the other. A little buck bomb in the air and something else on a wick. You need to be careful not to over scent though.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

I find it best to use a couple of different ones. You never know what everyone else in the woods is using. I use all the normal ones available and just use a small amount of each. Maybe some tinks 69 on one boot, hunter specialties on the other. A little buck bomb in the air and something else on a wick. You need to be careful not to over scent though.
We can only use fake stuff here in Manitoba,I used to use tinks but now we can't due to the fact thats its the real deal.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

3 non-answers in a row. Gee, thanks. I have heard that you can use the urine from a woman who is close to ovulating.

BUT! I don't want to be around when you start asking for donors! Beware of flying frying pans!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I thought when you said the "real stuff" you meant from a doe that you'd taken.

Man - good luck, the bottled stuff isn't even that good. Can't imagine synthetic working.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt
I don't want to be around when you start asking for donors! Beware of flying frying pans!
That would be the other CWD. Cramping Woman Destruction! Scary hugh.[]
Old 11-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hawgs Limited is synthetic.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:03 PM

call or lok up www.codeblue that is the best scen ti have ever used i have had bucks come in and actually lick the drag rags
Old 11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hawgs BF Rut, synthetic "doe in heat" scent, to my nose smells like the regular in heat pee you'd buy but lasts. We used it and BFgland to create a mock scrapeline last year and the area gothit pretty good bybucks. I don't put a lot of faith in scents but the hawgs seems to works as good as any real stuff I have tried in the past.

Haven't tried or seen code blue stuff up here so can't comment on it.

I use ob unscented tampons as scent wicks...I steel them from the wife a few at a time throughout the year! They work really well, just take a 35mm film canister put some of the scent in and drop the tampon into it. They swell up, so don't try dropping it in via the bottle top or you may end up with some smelly stuff on you. Though due to the swelling they really catch the wind.

I wouldn't dare ask the wife to supply me...yuk!!! I have heard of guys using the soiled napkins as well, that is way over the top for even my addiction[].

Quick Reply: Can anybody recommend .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.