HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What arows do you recommend for my setup.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:33 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What arows do you recommend for my setup.

You're going to get as many replies as their are different types of arrows. You can pretty much take it as a given, as the price goes up so does the quality usually. Depends on how much of a nit picker you are for perfection. Depends on if you're a hunter or a spot shooter. Then too, the particular arrow you choose is also going to depend on the weight and type of your head. I've killed probably just as many deer as most. I'm a hunter. I could care less about the robbinhoods. However, I do want every arrow to shoot where I need itunder all conditions. I want it to penetrate and exit. I want it to make a nice blood trail. I want the broadhead to be reliable and strong. I've found that all these things happen with a moderatly fast bow pushingan340 ICS Hunter tipped with a fixed 125 grain thunderhead. I've experimented with a ton of broadheads and killed deer with probably a dozen different types. The last 40 or 50 have died with Thunderheads. Second on my list would be Muzzy or something like that. You have to play. The arrows, they hold up and I get 8-10 goodones from a dozen to fly well from my well tuned bow. Once I prove an arrow to be a true hunter (flies straight at all ranges with a broadhead everytime) it goes in the quiver until it's shot through a deer. You'll get others that swear theirs is the only one. Those people havn't tried enough of them. Their are many that'll do. Depends on your budget and tolerances to get the best you can.