Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Archery League ??? >

Archery League ???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery League ???

Old 01-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery League ???

You Gotta Try It ... Youll Love It!!!!!!
Warning it is highly addictiveIts the next best thing to Real Bowhunting.
We are running a Techno Hunt League at the Archery Pro Shop I work at.
You will have a choice of over 20 different programs to shoot from small game such as Quail to foxes etc , to Big Buck Whitetails, to Alaskan Adventure, Predators, or Pigsto African Dream Hunt etc......
When you have selected the Hunting Senario you want to shoot we will place in your arrows that have screw in inserts ( REQUIRED ) blunts that we supply to match the grain weight of your arrows points or broadheads. We will put into the computer your name , address, height and grain weight of your arrow... so now the game is calubrated to your spec's. You will need to decide on how many arrows to shoot per round from 1 to 6. You will be shooting at 20 yards at a streched Kevlar Screen , your arrows will hit the screen and just bounce off and land on the carpeted floor, when your arrow hits the screen it will sound like a bomb went off but dont worry thats normal.You can shoot with the White lights on or off ( I prefer to shoot with the White lights off and use my sight light along with the Black Lights on in the Techno Hunt Room. The Screen will start with the name of the archer that shoots. Your shot secuence will start with the animal on the screen and you will need to study the animals body language and movements to decide when and where you want to shoot your arrow. When your arrow hits the screen the footage will freeze and a dot with an arrow will apear on the screen showing you where your arrow hit. The zones are bullzeye( Heart), Vital, Body and Obsticale and Miss with points awarded for every scorable shot. After the shot the screen will change to your name , where you hit , how many points you got for the shot and the FPS your arrow was traveling. After all your arrows are shot it will give you an intermission to retrieve your arrows and retighten the points and then you start shooting again. At the end of your session it will print out your results. We do Techno Hunt in 15 min, 30 min or by the hour , shoot which ever you prefer, we charge $6.00 for 1/2 an hour of Techno Hunt. ITS A BLASTas well as great practice for hunting season and a great teaching aide and tool for those archers whom are new to bowhunting.
So Have A Great Time and Enjoy.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot it about every other week.The league starts this weekend so I'll be shooting it every Friday nite for the next 12 weeks.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fight4yourguns

There is a archery league opening up this week in my area. From what I understand it is shooting at game on a screen of some kind. There is a computer that runs the video and scoring. I don't know much more about it than that. Anyone ever done this before that could shed some light on the subject for me?
What part of PA? I am shooting a league in Wernersville and Tower City. Its great practice!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is a blast. If you make a questionable shot you may get zero points, like if one animal walks behind another, you can't let one fly because a passthru would nail the second animal; if its a quartering to shot you might not get points, If the animal is moving too fast or is behind an obstruction, etc. Its a lot of fun for sure.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

It's a lot of fun. If you make a bad shot in ours it scores -3 (animal at poor angle, obstuctions, or blocking).In some of the scenes where it's really windy it will sound like you're underneath a 747 that is getting readyfor take off. But overall, definitely do it, you'll enjoy it.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Host of Hosts

What part of PA? I am shooting a league in Wernersville and Tower City. Its great practice
North East, Pa just outside of Erie. I shot it tonight, You all wereright it was a great time. I'm shooting it every week for 12 weeks. It was awesome!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you just use your hunting bow. Any add on's that might make a difference for this type of indoor shooting?
Never tried it...does sound like @ Hoot!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Host of Hosts

Sounds like you just use your hunting bow. Any add on's that might make a difference for this type of indoor shooting?
Never tried it...does sound like @ Hoot!
I just used my hunting bow. All you do is take 6 of your arrows 5 +1 in case of a miss( not sure what that means) but you just screw on flat tips in your regular field tip weight and go to it.The tips were supplied by the pro shop. I can't wait till next wednesday.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot the DART system in a league for the past two winters, and what the other archers say is true. Its good practice for hunting situations, at least better than shooting at a bull. However, some of the shots I've received scores on are questionable for actual kill shots (legs, shoulders, etc..) but it still is a great way to build confidence and basic archery skills. You use your hunting set up and you'll be fine. You could add a longer stabilizer if you'd like. The problem my partner and I have is hanging out in the proshop after, checking out new gear to buy... Bring extra cash and don't shoot a $700 bow unless you plan to buy one. I made that mistake.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Host of Hosts

However, some of the shots I've received scores on are questionable for actual kill shots (legs, shoulders, etc..) but it still is a great way to build confidence and basic archery skills.
I noticed a little bit of this going the other way too. Shots that should have scored didn't. Well like anything else it isn't perfect, but alot of fun.