Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stealth Game Cam? >

Stealth Game Cam?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Game Cam?

Old 12-25-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Stealth Game Cam?

Well, I asked for a game cam for Christmas and got a 35mm Stealth Game cam. Has anyone ever used one? If so, how well do they work? I've never used one and don't know anyone around here that has. Do any of you have any tips on where to set one up or is it just trial and error until you find where the deer are moving? Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2005, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Stealth Game Cam?

Check out this site for info:

http://www.chasingame.com/
Old 12-25-2005, 08:31 PM

their flash is kinda weak. where i live the deer are mostly nocturnal so 95% of the pictures it gets are at dark. unless the deer are closer than 15 feet its really hard to make them out. just got a new one to replace it tho, the moultrie gamespy 200, gonna try it out soon to see if the flash is any better
Old 12-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use one, it works fine for me, just be careful there is no brush or leaves to close to the cam or it will set it off in a breeze and you'll get a whole roll of film of nothing! Also do not point it east or west or it will sometimes go off when the sun is setting or rising. Here is a nighttime pic I got this year:

Old 12-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

I own one and i have had nothing but bad luck with mine. Half the time the film doesnt rewind when it gets to the end and the piece of junk wont let me manually rewind it either. I lost alot of pictures this year due to that. When it does take pictures they turn out pretty good though. That is the only thing good that i can find. In the morning when the sun is rising it sets off the camera too. Like they say, you get what you pay for when it comes to scounting cameras. My friend has two of them and both of them dont work good either. I rate them 2 thumbs down.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:19 AM

I had the same trouble with mine as did loverboy. The film would never wind up. This last fall I got a Moultrie Digital, and the pictures that came off it were very good. The only problem with it was that it ate batteries really fast, so I am getting a solar charger and rechargeable batteries. I don't know if the Stealth Cam has a warranty because I threw the package and everything away, but if it does have a warranty I would hold on the papers just in case yours starts acting up.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one and have never had a problem with it. Wont be long and shell be right back in the woods where she belongs!!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

We have two of them in the woods right now. Never used them before. I need a little help though. I full yexpect when we go to the camp this coming weekend, the batteries will be dead in both of the cams. Whatever film has been used, we'll want to take in,even if we didn't use the whole role. I heard a few of you talking about there not being a manual rewind on it. Will I need to replace the batteries before I do anything else? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Bob-there is a manual rewind, but it takes batteries to use it. Place the camera in test mode a push the rewind buttonon theleft portion of the camera. The instructions cover this so you might read them first to avoid any operator error. I have had good luck with mine, but not perfect. I did get a little tired of paying for pictures of coons. At first they were cute, but now I'm ready to start traping. The other thing you need to do to get good pictures is set up a feeder to hold them in the area longer. I am using a digital now and it does have a better range and better pictures as well as being able to take a lot more pictures at one setup before you clear it. The up front cost is considerably more, but I think the convenience is going to be well worth it. The first time I set it up I had 265 pictures. Most of which were deer. The second time it had 97 pictures. I would have missed a lot of those with a 24 exposure roll. Plus I really didn't need to print that many of the pictures as once you've seen a doe and her fawns you seen them. Good luck w/ your camera. Each time I check mine its like christmas, can't wait to see what I got.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:00 PM

As you can tell from the previous responses, the stealth 35mm models seem to be hit or miss. Several friends of mine have had them with the same sort of experiences.

If you get a good one, it is very good.
If you get a bad one, return it immediately for replacement or refund (if you can.)

From what i have heard, the company has had no issue with replacing them if you send them in.

As far as setting them up, it's just like hunting! Find where you think the deer might be and set up there

Quick Reply: Stealth Game Cam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.