Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stealth Game Cam? >

Stealth Game Cam?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Game Cam?

Old 02-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stealth Game Cam?

Id take it back right now as they are junk. They are extremely slow and noisy.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:23 PM

keep this in mind if your setting your cam up if it has a slow trigger speed try to put some corn in front to slow the deer up.if you dont you will get alot of deers hind ends.or setting them on scrapes.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I guess the manual rewind really isn't manual then. I'll try putting the camera in the test mode, replace the batteries, and hit the rewind button if needed. I really doubt if the battereis will be any good after four weeks. Actually, I did read the instructions, butinstructions are not always written in my language.

We went with this camera as a trial type thing. I am most concerned of having the cameras ripped off. It's on my land, and the land is posted. Only problem is that I don't live there. And if the camera goes off on someone walking by, I really doubt if it will be there long, even if it is locked on to the tree.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Spike

I have taken thousands of pic's withStealth cam & PhotoScout cameras[/align]The stealth cam has had problems rewinding & more pictures of nothing!?!?!?![/align]the PhotoScout by Highlander Sports Inc. are really good. Not sure if they are even still in business?[/align]I had a stealth cam get tasted by a big black bear while we sat in the trees stand waiting for it to come in bow range at one of my bait sites. It was more concerned on chewing on a bone & my camera on a trial leading in. I only got a pic of the side of his head & ear & another which looks like the inside of his mouth!!!![/align]I do get some great pictures of deer & bears & everything else moving through the area...even trespassers on foot & quads. I really want to switch over to digital cameras to get away from the expense of developing hundreds of unwanted pictures.[/align]Put it out there & learn as U go.[/align]Good Luck[/align][/align]www.mckenzieoutfitters.ca [/align]
Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw lots of returns working at Gander Mt. due to quick battery deterioration and the cam taking pics when nothing was around *triggered by wind* so that's all I know, and that's my experience with them. I've never personally used one but have had lots of testimony from people who weren't satisfied. Hopefully your luck isn't quite as bad. Let us know if all turns out well!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, the pictures came out quite good on the Stealth Cams. I was actually surprised. I was expecting the worse I guess. Only had two pictures with nothing on them and I know that there was substantial wind and snow. The batteries still worked after 28 days and took a picture of us on the way in. I can see some your points on processing fees though. It was around 15 bucks for two rolls of 24. I won't have the camerasout agin till September though. But thanks again to those who helped me out.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am on my 3rd one and love it. Ya sometimes I have some problems with it not rewinding, but not enough to make a big deal out of it. I was having a problem at first with it only getting half a der, or the deer would be way over to one side of the picture. I solved that by adding 2 strips of tape to the otion detecter. 1 piece on each edge of it, about 1/8th of an inch in from the edge. That seemed to help center the pictures alot. And make sure that you dont have it set up facing the risiing sun, or the setting sun, or you might just get 24 pictures of the sun.
Ya, it would be nice to have a digital one, but the way I look at it, for $50, it is a great camera!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:03 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: tanktrunk

Id take it back right now as they are junk. They are extremely slow and noisy.
I had the same experience , I had the fool thing hanging up for 2 weeks only to find that there was only one frame shot . It turned out that the crappy camera they put in it had a defective motor drive , so the film never advanced . I would have taken it back , but i was so pissed that I mangled it and threw it away , good thing I got it very cheap on clearance . [:@]