Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot an enormous hog >

Shot an enormous hog

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot an enormous hog

Old 12-05-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Shot an enormous hog

Man I shot the biggest hog I have ever seen this weekend. We have killed several off of this place but none to the effect of this one. I would say he was at least 350-400 lbs. A huge boar with about 4 inches of cutters sticking out each side of his mouth. I felt that I made a good shot even though I didnt get a pass threw. Penetration looked good but those of you who hoghunt know that even with a pass threw on a large hog theres hardly any blood. I shot him around 7:00 and it began to drisle around 9:00 so I got down and began to track him. Like I said, no blood so it was slow and easy on the tracking. To make a long story short I trailed him to a flooded DU pond on an adjacent property. His tracks went in but none came out. I got a boat and proded around to no avail. I went back Sunday to look but found no sign of him. Theres a big gator living in that pond that so I figure she took care of him for me. Sorry for the long post Im just still feeling sorry for myself.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shot an enormous hog

A friend of mine shot one that was 400lbs in Montello Wi a coupl eyears ago, the dogs couldnt even eat it. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Shot an enormous hog

Yeah, one that big is more for show than supper. Now you get one of those 60-70 lb pigs and put him in the ground and you'll slap your momma its so good.