Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help finding tree climbers (spurs) >

Help finding tree climbers (spurs)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help finding tree climbers (spurs)

Old 12-01-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Help finding tree climbers (spurs)

Hey guys, anyone know where I can find good inexpensive tree climbers? I have a couple sets, but they are the style that linemen wear, and are very heavy and bulky. I use my climbing spurs often during the season, and would like some lighter more easily portable ones. There are a couple sets on Ebay right now, but I would like to do some comparison shopping first. Thanks gang.

Keith
Old 12-01-2005, 02:39 PM

Default RE: Help finding tree climbers (spurs)

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=54337

Old 12-01-2005, 02:51 PM

DOH! (smacking self in head) Thank man. I buy stuff at that site all the time and didn't even check. Those are exactly what I was looking at! 'preciate it.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:23 PM

Hey stoneman, let us know if you get them and like them. I have a pair and hate'em. My buddy has the real kind like you are talking about(lineman style), yea they are bulky but fit and work much better. My sport climbers just do not give me enough support...maybe its just my ankles I don't know. Anyway good luck. And yes, the Sport Climbers are the only other type of climbers other than commercial that I have seen as well.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:02 PM

Ugh...I wondered about whether or not they'd work well...now I'm not sure I wanna plunk down the $$ for them...I'll be SICK if I buy them and don't like them...must ponder. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Years ago I used the Sport climbers.After finally switching to the professional grade tree climbers,I tossed the cheap Sport climbers.They do not come close to the pro grade;the support isn't there and the steel is thin.I believe you need the long leg support offeredon the pro type for safer climbing.They weigh more but you cannot beat them.I think you would be dissapointed with the Sport climbers.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:25 PM

Well, that settles it for me...unless 10 guys post that they love the "sport" climbers. I've already got 2 sets of pro grade, so I'll just stick with them. My only problem with them is they are bulky and loud (when putting on/taking off). Thanks guys.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

stone,if the loudness you are referring to is coming from the little roller that is attached to the buckle,just remove it with some pliers;thats' what I did and it ended the jingle noise.They are just as easy to strap on with out them.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:16 PM

You know, that is where a LOT of the noise is coming from. Thanks for the idea. When I hanging stands, or sometimes just checking out a new spot, I use the climbers and lineman's belt. I used electrical tape on the belt rings, and carbiners, and it's very quiet now. Thanks again.

Keith