Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you tired?

Old 11-29-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Are you tired?

Are you getting worn down from hunting yet? For the past three weeks I have hunted my rear end off. All day on the weekends and every evening after work. I have no idea how many hours I have logged in the stand. It has been a bunch though. I was so tired sunday when I got to my evening stand that it took me a minute to remeber exactly where I was.

I have seen plenty of deer and even missed avery nice shooter buck two weeks ago. I am off for the next five days and plan on logging extra long hours in the stand. Just wondering what everyone does when (or if) they start wearing down at the end of the season.

One more thing. I have been seeing the same does every evening for the last week, at the same time and same place. I keep thinking that pretty soon they will be "towing" a buck with them, but it has not happened. What do you think. Stay with them or move to another spot. Just wondering.

Tommy
Old 11-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Are you tired?

I think you're hanging around with some skanky does.[&:]

To answer your first question.....I don't get to hunt enough to get tired of it. I still feel like a kid every time I enter the field. I hope I always do.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 AM

I dont mean tired of hunting. I mean just worn down, I still get excited when I go and look forward to going. I am just feeling the effects I think.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm tired, not from hunting, from POOL Leauge last night.. Stayed out a little too late....
Old 11-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

nubowhunter,

I know what you mean. Sometimes I just feel burned out from hunting long hours. I always forget all about it as soon as I see a deer, but on those days when nothing comes by it can be hard to get up the next morning.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 AM

I can relate. When I start to feel tired and frustrated I think about how I felt in July waiting for hunting season to arrive.

About the does, I have the same issue. In my neck of the woods, where there are does eventually there are bucks, and not necessarily following does either. Sometimes its just good browse. I just keep rotating among my 6 stand locations and hope to be in the right place at the right time one day.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve F.in MD
I know what you mean. Sometimes I just feel burned out from hunting long hours. I always forget all about it as soon as I see a deer, but on those days when nothing comes by it can be hard to get up the next morning.
Ditto
Old 11-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean. By the time that gun season comes in I'm usually just about wore out and my lower back is killing me from so much time in the stand over the previous 6 weeks. But usually by the end of December I'm chomping at the bit to get out there a few more times before the end of the season.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:12 AM

Here are my deer stats for the year, and no i am not wore out yet.

Days in stand = 35
Hours in stand = 140
#of bucks = 31
#of does =162
# of buck harvests = 1
# of doe harvests = 3
Old 11-30-2005, 08:31 PM

i got very burnt out this year. i am a college student, but my classes and work schedule worked out this fall so that i could hunt every single morning and night, not to mention all day on the weekneds. by the end of the season i was absolutely exhausted. it was honestly getting hard to wake up some of the mornings. it was almost a bittersweet ending to the season on november 19. i am still catching up on sleep, and homework right now...

Quick Reply: Are you tired?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.