Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Confirm my thoughts please? *UPDATED* >

Confirm my thoughts please? *UPDATED*

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Confirm my thoughts please? *UPDATED*

Old 11-27-2005, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Confirm my thoughts please?

Great job on your recovery but I would call a deer suffering overnight anything but a happy ending. You can just imagine what she went through trying to stay warm and comfortable with a wound like she had. Not trying to start anything here but the only happy ending to a hunt is a safe one and one where there is no suffering from the animal.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am happy you found her. And I am happy the Vikings won again.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:01 PM

Great job on your recovery but I would call a deer suffering overnight anything but a happy ending. You can just imagine what she went through trying to stay warm and comfortable with a wound like she had. Not trying to start anything here but the only happy ending to a hunt is a safe one and one where there is no suffering from the animal

WOW some people...[8D]I say nice job and on the recovery of that deer. You definitely did the right thing. Tell Sis Congratulations!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 06:04 PM

Glad to see that you got the deer. You done a good job of waiting it out and actually going back and tracking her. Some people won't even give that much effort. Everyone would love to see them fall in their tracks but it doesn't always happen.I'm sure your sister learned about shot placementfrom this one.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:29 PM

I wasn't knocking anything he did because he did the best he could have done in the situation. All in all what I was trying to say is I would rather miss than to have a deer suffer through the night. That deer wouldn't have been recovered by 2% of the hunters where I live. And yes I have killed in excess of 100 deer in my 28 years of hunting and realize that these things happen.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Confirm my thoughts please? *UPDATED*

deer do crazy sh#t when they get hit. to bad about the shot placement. maybe your sister should shoot a couple boxes before the season just to get use to the gun. it helps me. hope you find her before the yotes do. if ya do tell your sister jimmy says congrats
Old 11-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Confirm my thoughts please? *UPDATED*

Congratulations on the recovery. I had not been able to follow up on this thread
until now. Give sis a pat on the back. You guys did a textbook job in that
situation.