Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Who wants to confirm >

Who wants to confirm

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Who wants to confirm

Old 05-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who wants to confirm

this thing http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976723567.htmis the POS it's generally reputed to be? Takes round barrel CVA/Traditions bases.

Dave, you dont' have one yet do ya?
Old 05-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who wants to confirm

no.. and I do not intend to!
Old 05-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

believe it or not "DITTO" what cayugad said....

The Ultra Mag has already turned my world upside down...

Old 05-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

Yeash!! They didn't even put flush srcews in the taps for a scope. That thing must be a POS as earlier stated. RIP 700ML[:@]
Old 05-16-2006, 07:51 PM

Damn.....just plain ole Damn...anything else need to be said?
Old 05-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txfireman

Damn.....just plain ole Damn...anything else need to be said?
Yeah --something else needs to be said....... Made In Spain!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:50 AM

But arent the acclaimed Austin & Halleck rifles made in Spain. No one seems to complain about them. Sure they have fancy maple stocks to enhance their looks and their company is in Utah, but they are made in Spain(barrels by extrusion process). I think they are even stamped that still to this day. I have noticed another certain company uses this process and complaints are made about them all the time, but not good ole A&H rifles. The rest of the parts are probably made there as well and assembled here in the US if you could pry the information out of them. As for accuracy I have seen several Tradition Evolutions and other models shoot as good if not better than the A&H. My brother has a LD lightning stainless fluted that will shoot 3 shots in an 1 1/2" to 2" all day at 100 yards(scoped) with Traditions 250 gr. sabots. Sure this new so called Remington rifle may have not been the best idea in the world and I agree, but where is the cut off for the made in Spain thing. Made in Spain is made in Spain unless someone does a metal test on the different brands that are made in Spain to see if one is better than the other and can show the public the results. Does A&H have their own barrel making facility in Spain. i dont think so. They told me they found a supplier that met their needs and went with them when I spoke to them recently. They have to be coming from a company already set up there that has been doing this for a good while. Ummm maybe the same place Traditions gets their barrels from or perhaps CVA. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys if it dosen't say Thompson Centerfire it ain't for me.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AmericanPioneer

But arent the acclaimed Austin & Halleck rifles made in Spain. No one seems to complain about them. Sure they have fancy maple stocks to enhance their looks and their company is in Utah, but they are made in Spain(barrels by extrusion process). I think they are even stamped that still to this day. I have noticed another certain company uses this process and complaints are made about them all the time, but not good ole A&H rifles. The rest of the parts are probably made there as well and assembled here in the US if you could pry the information out of them. As for accuracy I have seen several Tradition Evolutions and other models shoot as good if not better than the A&H. My brother has a LD lightning stainless fluted that will shoot 3 shots in an 1 1/2" to 2" all day at 100 yards(scoped) with Traditions 250 gr. sabots. Sure this new so called Remington rifle may have not been the best idea in the world and I agree, but where is the cut off for the made in Spain thing. Made in Spain is made in Spain unless someone does a metal test on the different brands that are made in Spain to see if one is better than the other and can show the public the results. Does A&H have their own barrel making facility in Spain. i dont think so. They told me they found a supplier that met their needs and went with them when I spoke to them recently. They have to be coming from a company already set up there that has been doing this for a good while. Ummm maybe the same place Traditions gets their barrels from or perhaps CVA. Just my 2 cents.
From recoil pad to muzzle, there is VERY LITTLE that's quality-similar between an A & H 420 fancy-stock and a plastic Remington Genesis.

Buy the Genesis thou. You seem to think they are the same. That way, you won't feel cheated. Same with the Revolution II by Knight. If you feel it's equal to the Omega, buy it.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:48 PM

Triple Se7en said:

From recoil pad to muzzle, there is VERY LITTLE that's quality-similar between an A & H 420 fancy-stock and a plastic Remington Genesis.

Buy the Genesis thou. You seem to think they are the same. That way, you won't feel cheated. Same with the Revolution II by Knight. If you feel it's equal to the Omega, buy it.

You read things wrong or backwards or just cant comprehend english maybe. I said in the body I agreed about the Remington also, just not all things made in Spain should be labeled as unusable or a POS. Im not planning on buying one either and didnt say I was.Some of the most respected shooters in the muzzleloading forums have and use made in Spain rifles.Im sorry you dont like the Knight Revolution IIcompared to your Omega,but the world doesnt revolve around you does itMr. Triple Se7en. Nothing was even said in this post about the Knight Revolution II. You are bringing up something I asked a question about in another post.You are negative about everything that doesnt agree with your opinions or views or what you ownand you always make derogatory comments. Very bad taste on your part and you know it. Is anyone else seeing a pattern here?

Quick Reply: Who wants to confirm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.