Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Talk with game warden (update of I screwed up BIG time) >

Talk with game warden (update of I screwed up BIG time)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Talk with game warden (update of I screwed up BIG time)

Old 11-15-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Talk with game warden (update of I screwed up BIG time)

Well the ole Game warden gives me a call around 3:15 this afternoon. He asked me what was up and I told him and then asked if I could meet him. Well I get to the police station and get to go in a "special room" in the back where all the cops hang out. He was really nice and asks me where and what I was going to school for. I tell him for electrical and instrumentation and he tells me he has a friend that did that and is working for Little Debbie. Well I know this guy b/c he lived in the same apartment building as me and we used to shoot our bows together. Come to find out the game warden lived in the same apartment building and fishes with that guy. So that may have helped me some.

Anyway, he says that he will work with me and the seasons do get confusing. We called hunters for the hungry to see if they take turkeys but they do not. He said I did the right thing by coming and seeing him b/c it would not have been good if he found out the other way. He is going to call me after Thanksgiving and talk to me more about it. I have to go to court and explain myself. He told me not to worry.

I feel better about the whole thing. It is a big weight off my shoulders. I think I did the right thing. I may have to pay a fine but he said he would work w/ me. Definetly one of the nicest wardens I've ever met.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Talk with game warden (update of I screwed up BIG time)

Good for you. That just proves that not all game wardens are pricks. Good Luck with your court date.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:08 PM

I for one, am proud of you. You did right. Any chicken can hide, but a man fesses up to his wrong doings. I re-read your post, and I think the guys at the check station knew it, and were in their own way giving you crap about it. Anyway, well done. Maybe donate the turkey to a local homeless shelter or something....I dunno. Surely you can find some one to donate it to.

Now, enjoy a restfull nights sleep tonight.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ducsauce i think you did the right thing. i dont know about VA's laws but in illinois they might have impounded your vehicle had they found on their own. i would much rather pay the fine than pay the fine and lose my vehicle too. hope everything turns out for the better. good luck in court.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I for one, am proud of you. You did right. Any chicken can hide, but a man fesses up to his wrong doings. I re-read your post, and I think the guys at the check station knew it, and were in their own way giving you crap about it. Anyway, well done. Maybe donate the turkey to a local homeless shelter or something....I dunno. Surely you can find some one to donate it to.

Now, enjoy a restfull nights sleep tonight.
Thanks for the advice. You did make me feel better last night by telling me it was the right thing to do.

If I don't donate it, it will be sliced breast frying in butter

Old 11-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Glad to see you did the right thing. You are a role model for hunters around here. A lot of people would have been trying to hide it and hoped they got by. Now you can be proud of how you handled it.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:16 PM

Honesty is always the best policy. If I were the warden and someone realized their mistake and came looking for me to give a confession, I'd do everything in my power to make sure he gets the lightest penalty if not off clean and clear. To me, what you did speaks volumes for your character both as a hunter and as a human being. Hope the judge feels this way as well.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

You did the right thing. There are many people who would try to hide
from it but you stood up and handled it as best you can. Two thumbs up
for you.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Good job, duc. Like the others said, honesty is always the best policy. Proud to see one of our fellow bowhunters take the high road. All of the wardens I have met were pretty good guys and most hunters themselves. Good for you.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:44 PM

Thanks for all the replies and support guys.

Quick Reply: Talk with game warden (update of I screwed up BIG time)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.