HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Talk with game warden (update of I screwed up BIG time)
Old 11-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Finch

Default Talk with game warden (update of I screwed up BIG time)

Well the ole Game warden gives me a call around 3:15 this afternoon. He asked me what was up and I told him and then asked if I could meet him. Well I get to the police station and get to go in a "special room" in the back where all the cops hang out. He was really nice and asks me where and what I was going to school for. I tell him for electrical and instrumentation and he tells me he has a friend that did that and is working for Little Debbie. Well I know this guy b/c he lived in the same apartment building as me and we used to shoot our bows together. Come to find out the game warden lived in the same apartment building and fishes with that guy. So that may have helped me some.

Anyway, he says that he will work with me and the seasons do get confusing. We called hunters for the hungry to see if they take turkeys but they do not. He said I did the right thing by coming and seeing him b/c it would not have been good if he found out the other way. He is going to call me after Thanksgiving and talk to me more about it. I have to go to court and explain myself. He told me not to worry.

I feel better about the whole thing. It is a big weight off my shoulders. I think I did the right thing. I may have to pay a fine but he said he would work w/ me. Definetly one of the nicest wardens I've ever met.