Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

am i nuts?!?!?!

Old 11-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Spike

Default am i nuts?!?!?!

someone go to weather.com and look at the current situation over illinois, welp ill pretend i didnt see that. Got the rain suit and im headed out im determined to get one with my bow before shotgun, wish me luck!! I have got to be nuts.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:41 PM

Default RE: am i nuts?!?!?!

Nope not at ALL! They are still moving in ILL and the RUT is in full swing! I would rather be out today then last weekned, like I was with the darn wind and Thunderstorms, that kept them down pretty good! I felt the same way ... wanted to get one with Bow before SHOTGUN season, casue aint much moving after that! GO GET EM!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:51 PM

You might be.

I'm sitting here in my office, and looking outside, the trees are almost bent over doubled right now from the wind. You'd need a calculus calculator to be able to determine the tragectory of an arrow right now.

Of course, its rifle season here right now, so I guess that is mute.

Good luck whatever you do.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:07 PM

I'm in WI and we have pretty much the same weather. I too, almost went out today since I got off work at noon. Then I thought, "what if I don't put the arrow in perfect placement to expire the animal within 100 yards?" The light rain will wash away the blood trail by the time I've waited for the animal to expire. Then, it've been a wasted day and animal. -hence I am typing.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:09 PM

Yes, without question. But, you can't kill one at home on the couch.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 PM

Nope, deer definitely don't pass through my living room but I'll pass on killing oneespecially withthe rain working against my blood trail. I'd sooner miss an opportunity at the big one than shoot one only to have it go to waste. Besides, I don't think killing is the right word to be using here anyway. I'll wait for better weather and try to "harvest" one.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:06 PM

yes, you are nuts. I am too, I just got back, and I did see a nice buck, but the wind betrayed me before he cleared my shooting lane. I almost had a heart attack when the tree behind me blew down.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

the weather is NEVER too bad to hunt in, I braved wind and rain this afternoon and had a doe and twins pass under me and bed down 40 yards downwind of me, then a 120 class 8 pointer came directly under me (twice) then bedded down with the others, they stayed there until the wind got to about 60mph and I was holding on for "deer" life. they then left to go deeper into the bottom area
Old 11-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Spike

I WAS NUTS!!! I got out there and the wind wasnt what i was expecting at all, i was just expecting maybe heavy rain. All of a sudden it was like i was riding a tree rollercoaster! Didnt see any deer but im just happy i climbed out of my tree without it falling on top of me.

Jason