Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Was this a bad shot? >

Was this a bad shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Was this a bad shot?

Old 11-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Was this a bad shot?

wow, that's totally messed up, i guess....okay whatever
Old 11-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

If someone did shoot it in a hunting situation they need to have their hunting rights taken away for life.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

I'd have never thought to aim at the head!!! however I have wondered if the skull was thick enough to stop a broadhead. lady's and gentlemen don't try this at your home woods.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have to ask if that is a good shot than you need a lesson in ethical hunting.
If someone did shoot it in a hunting situation they need to have their hunting rights taken away for life.
Both of you need to be quiet. If thats the only shot you can take and you really need the meat i can gurantee both of you would take it. I shot my doe in the back legs running with my 12 gauge at about 80 yards. For the finishing off shot i walked up to her and shot her in the head with my 12 gauge. So because of that i should of had my hunting rights taken away for life?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:59 AM

That's ethical of you to be so forthcoming. But I think most hunters won't take a shot at a running deer (At 80 yards no less)....no matter how badly they need meat. It's not like you're in a life and death situation.....there's meat in the grocery stores. Just my $0.02.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:56 AM

I know a lot of you would take that shot. I def would take that shot if it was the only shot i had. And for some people the meat they get during hunting season is the ONLY mean they can afford. And we both know that if it was a world record deer and that was the only shot you had you too would take the shot. So its not unethical their is NO waste of meat and im sure the animal did not suffer at all. So before you go posting about Ethics his and ethics that i know all of us would and have broken the rules of beinh an ethical hunter. If you say no then your just flat out lying. Seems like a lot of people on this post like to type what they want other to hear. Well im telling you right now i would shot a deer in the head and gun, bow whatever if it was the only shot i had!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: RTA47

Well you did not mess up any meat!
Thats for sure.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was this a bad shot? Assuming it was shot hunting from a treestand, of course it was a bad choice to shoot while it was approaching. You should have waited until it passed and/or turned to give you a better angle to the vitals. I'm surprised the arrow penetrated the head. I wonder if it would have had the deer been an adult. In that it is just a fawn maybe the skull isn't so dense.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

You do that tough guy. This is a bow hunters forum made up of hundreds of ethical men who would never take that shot. I'm sure there is a Jackass forum somewhere on the web you and A D D Boy could make yourselve's at home on. If you need the meat that bad try getting a damn job.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:40 PM

Ok Mohonk or whatever you call yourself. I bet this place is made up of ALL ethical hunters. YEAH OKAY! Everyone on here is just afraid to post what they REALLY would doin these situations. And YEAH ill take whatever shot i want to whenever i want to, so worry about yourself and dont speak for others. You probaly couldnt hit that shot anyway if you tried with a gun or bow, Rookie hunter.

Quick Reply: Was this a bad shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.