Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My buck is alive and well!!! >

My buck is alive and well!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My buck is alive and well!!!

Old 11-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default My buck is alive and well!!!

I'm sure everyone remembers the thread I started last Monday....the one that ended up getting locked!

Well my buddy saw the deer last night. He watched it tend a doe for 45 minutes. He could easily see the neck wound and that didn't seem to deter the buck from thrashing every tree and branch in sight. Apparently the wound is healing just fine!

The deer is also only a 9 pointer so the picture I posted last week isn't him. That's irrevant though....the important thing is the deer is OK....and HUGE.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My buck is alive and well!!!

I am not really surprised but tremendously relieved for you. Deer are very resilient. You can put it behind you now but never forget it. You learned a lesson and will do better next time. You also learned the hard way about coming here and being honest about a mistake you made. The "holier than thou" individuals just wait to pounce on candid posts like yours. What you do from here on out is what counts now......Believe me, you are a much better hunter now that you have felt it personally.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:23 AM

Now you can breathe a BIG SIGH of relief.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

No! I think he still needs to be bashed and humiliated. A neck shot? Come on. J/KHope it work's out better for you next time.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Are you kidding me? An ethical hunter would have darted your buck....had a vet tend to him...and returned him to the wild to harvest another day.

Seriously, though....I'm sure you feel better......glad you spotted him.

We sportsmen are a funny bunch, though. I had a friend visiting me when I lived in Charleston, SC. We were in my boat and inshore casting for bait to do some redfishing. Well.....I caught a very nice 22" red in my cast net (fluke).....and my buddy didn't quite understand why I threw him back. If you think about it.....I was casting for bait....and caught the thing I was trying to catch with the bait. So...I threw him back......spent more time casting for bait.....just for a chance to fish all day and catch.....well...you know.

Jeff
Old 11-07-2005, 12:35 PM

Very glad to hear! Now you can shoot him another day.......