Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question on hunting funnels such as revines >

Question on hunting funnels such as revines

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on hunting funnels such as revines

Old 11-06-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Question on hunting funnels such as revines

im moving my stand to where the funnels are cuz gun season started here in mn and want to use it to my advantage as much as possible...i know the deer funnel to these revines, but how do i hunt em? do i hunt the edge of the tree line or do i go into the woods and hunt the revine in itself...any advice would appreciated, thanx
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 PM

Default RE: Question on hunting funnels such as revines

I know what you are saying, the hunting here in MN gets tough after the gun season starts. Have not had a lot of luck during this time, but the best I can tell you is that the deer hide out in some of the thickest parts of our woods during this time. So I guess that I would go into the woods for your stand set-up, or you can do what I do and wait till aboutThanksgiving to go again. Good luck!

P.S. What part of MN are you in?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:19 PM

im in red wing, bout 1/2 hr south of hastings....the land im hunting is right next to some state land which gets hit hard from now till after thanx givin, so they get pushed into the property that i hunt, im thinkin that these revines should be a highway, but who knows...where are u? not to familiar with deerwood
Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 PM

Do most of our hunting near Elk River and Milaca. My Family owns land in these areas, about an hour to hour and half drive when I get to go. Good luck to ya.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:31 PM

i go tocollege at st cloud stateand have family that lives and hunts the elk river region
Old 11-06-2005, 09:59 PM

I would hunt a place where you can see the funnels and the into the ravines. Im not sure about what guns are allowed in MN such as rifles or just shotguns, but try to set up where it is easy to see a lot of the area.