Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting "Buddy"

Old 12-18-2005, 07:59 AM

Default RE: Hunting "Buddy"

ORIGINAL: rack tracker

Hey STUPID, Never give up your honey hole to anyone that you are not
going to be as happy as yourself for killin a deer! PERIOD. LESSON LEARNED,
THE HARD WAY. DUMMY
You wouldn't understand as you probablyhaven't had a "true" friend for 25 years like I have.

I had seven mature replies before your MOUTH opened up and puked on my thread. Go bash on someone else you imature #$%^! As far as I'm concerned you have 1 less post on this forum...."IDIOT"
Old 12-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

THE HARD WAY. DUMMY
And you just stumbled onto all your hunting/fishing holes all by yourself. Right!
Old 12-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have been good friends for 25 years then even if he gets a little defensive I'm sure he will see the logic when pointed out. He may not think he did anything wrong either, so he needs to be explained your dilemma. There is an unwritten code about not going into each others honey holes that I think most of us follow. Time to be diplomatic but time to act also. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Talk to the guy and see what happens. My grandfather told me that there is no one on earth more jealous, protective , or secretive than a deer hunter. So I'd try to make him understand.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ask him to move his stand.....heck, help him find a "better spot".....even if that means making some rubs and scrapes on your own...just don't lose a friend over a deer. Life is too short. I got mad at one of my friends one time....my wife told me not too make too many people mad, I'll need pallbearers some day.......
Old 12-19-2005, 12:36 PM

I appreciate all the input folks. I haven't had the chance to chat at him yet. I'll bring it up under some other type of conversation. I can squeeze it in without it being the only topic. I'm sure he'll understand....if not I'll drop the size 12 Again...I appreciate all the kindinput.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

He's your old friend. Buy him a beer, talk about football, and then tell him he pissed you off. You have probably been friends for so long because your honest with each other. Good Luck.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 PM

I have two good hunting buddies and just so happens I showed both of them where to place their stands... then I made it prefectly clear to them that I don't want to see them hunting near my stand. I also explained the traffic pattern to them and the primary runs... if yu don't know what you are doing one guy can cut off the other two.This is an area I have hunted since 1974... it's 2 miles from where I park the truck. Nobody wanted to walk into this area before...now atv's have made it easy. So my situation is very similar to yours. Part of hunting is just that... HUNTING. And you can't hunt with people all around you.
Both of these guys are great and we hunt well together... mainly because we set parameters we all expect each other to abide by. Don't get me wrong... I'll let either one of them hunt out of my stand and be happy for them if they score... but I don't want them encroaching on me.

By the way... I agree with the other posters who said if he is your friend approach him in a nice way. Tell him... hey Frank(or whatever his name is).. I knowyou are unfamiliar with the runs round here and the traffic pattern but you placed your stand right on my primary run... I'd like you to move it toanother run I'll show you that's just as good... then we both have a chance to score... if he says NO... then write him off as a friend... but I doubt he will. Up here in NY there are places where you can actually hunt within eyesight of others and not be cutting each other off... maybe that's what he's use to??
Old 12-20-2005, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree help him find another spot in the area ,I'm sure there's got to be another run somewhere near that he'll be happy with .It sound's as though he just want's to be in with all the action .If you explain to him what's happening and that you'll help set him up near by ,I'm sure he'll be O.K. .
No one want's to lose friend's over a hunting spot espeacially when there's other good set up's in the area that could satisfy everyone . Explain to him that you want to find another location on this land ,that you's can actually cut off more deer andincrease your odd's withtaking one ,or even seeing more deer.Who know's he might just take one on this spot .

nubo
Old 12-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Spike

THE HARD WAY. DUMMY
That was by far the most infantile post I have seen on ANY hunting forum. And to think, he's from my part of the country. GROW UP!!!