Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Hunting Buddy!!!

Old 01-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default New Hunting Buddy!!!

Sorry that I haven't been on the site for a while everyone. Last Tuesday morning at 2:23 a.m., my newest hunting partner came into the world. My son was born!!! He was 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 20 1/4 inches long. Guess his name.....Hunter! I have already told my wife that when he is old enough, in a couple of years, I am going to take him out with me for pre-season scouting. I want to make sure that he gets into the sport while he is nice and young and then see the end result when dad brings home the deer for the season.

I told him that I would even have to show him how to perform the keg toss so that he can be ready to go with Tazman, trophyhunter, farmcntry and NY Bowhunter and myself.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Hunting Buddy!!!

Well congrats NEB, Hunter is a perfect name! BTW make sure you start him off calibrating root beer kegs! I love teaching my future hunters as I am sure you will also.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:29 AM

Congratulations!!! My wife is due with our 1st on April 16th. I'm getting really excited.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

big congrats bro. That's awesome. congrats on the name too. I tried that with my last boy. Wasn't flying with the mrs. though.[:-] Look forward to a keg hunt in the future!!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats, BTW I keg hunt too.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you all.

Taz, I already have his first calibration set ready for him. I'll bet by the time that he's 5, he'll be ready to go out with us.

NYB, I got very lucky with the Mrs. Normally she would never let me name him that, but since he came during a tough time in our marriage, she thought that maybe if she let me name him what I wanted, maybe that would make things better.

Stump, you'll love the experience! To some extent, it's better than taking that buck you have always wanted and are anxiously awaiting your chance at, and then finally taking him. If you ever neer any advice before he's born, let me know. I feel like a pro now after having 2 in 15 months. I look forward to taking him out into the woods and taking his first squirrel, rabbit and then move up to birds, then deer.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:36 AM

[8D][8D][8D] Congrats to you and the bride on the new Cornhusker "Hunter"! Life is great and now you can look forward to many years of a wonderful experience. Nothing quite like a dad and his boy going afield together as teacher and student. Nurture that relationship gently, slowly and one day you shall return from afield as best friends for life. You will treasure that walk home to momma. When that magical day arrives give her the hug of a lifetime and thank her for Hunter.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Charlie, Sorry man, I totally forgot. See how long it's been since I have been on-line. I won't make that mistake again!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats NEB on the bundle of joy.I love the name Hunter as i named my little guy that when he was born 8 years ago.I love taking him out scouting with me on the off season and he really enjoys it,now he really enjoys hunting with me as i cant even sneak out of the house without him,he must have some sort of a hunting radar thing or something---lol.But i really enjoy spending the great-outdoors with my little buddy as you will with yoursAgain congrats and many happy years in the outdoors together
Old 01-26-2004, 11:44 AM

Neb.Buckhunter

Congrads on the new one, dont tell your wife but put him in a backpack put it on and bring him with you, no age limit, might try a hunt this week, seeing alot of BF around, all joking aside, congrads

Quick Reply: New Hunting Buddy!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.