Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 warm wx and movement >

warm wx and movement

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

warm wx and movement

Old 11-05-2005, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default warm wx and movement

it's been warm here in va lately. I haven't seen much, and what I have seen has been well out of range. I've seen some bucks nudging does, but that is about all. wind is out of the s-sw, wrong for nearly all my stands, and not just the loc ons. my buddy in pa says that the activity is certainly down, that the deer are mainly doing their thing at night. with the warm spell over most of the mid, to eastern us, what is everyone else seeing, aka, is the activity up, down, or normal? it is very hard for me to hunt a spot when it is 72 and the wind is nowhere near making up it's mind which way it wants to blow.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:07 AM

Default RE: warm wx and movement

Same problem in NY. First we started out with rain now it has been to warm. So far, my worst season ever. www.pbase.com/mlo3135127
Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

We have the same conditions here in SE Pa. First rain then warm and windy! I've seen a few deer but not like usual. Today is the most calm it's been and of course I can't huntbecause I'm leaving for Alberta at noon. I"M PUMPED. The activity up there has to be better than in Pa. Next week should be awsome in Pa.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:56 AM

Movement down in OH too. Didn't see anything Friday AM, and that is a first for the season.

Will this slow down the rut until it gets colder?
Old 11-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think it will slow down the rut, but maybe what we see of it. I imagine with the temps being what they are, it may slow the deer down during the daylight because they have their winter coats on in full. praying for it to be cooler next week which is the week I am really looking fwd to.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im in Indiana, seen a 7 point last eve at dark rubbing trees and scraping. Went again this morning, it was 62 freakin degrees at 6am. I got into the stand and seen 2 deer, and i also got bit by a mosquito. Pretty sad when your fighting mosquito's at 7 am on Nov 5th.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:59 AM

Well, the same goes here in NW Ga / NE Ala. Very warm and nothing moving that I can tell. Went this morning, and at 6:30 it was already 60 degrees and by 8:00 I was swatting mosquitoes.By time I left the woods it was75 degrees and expected to get around 80. That's terrible for Nov 5th !!!Downloaded some pictures from my trail camera and didn't like what I saw. All of the deer are still nocturnal...
Old 11-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took off 3 weeks strictly to hunt the rut. It's been MUCH warmer than usual AGAIN!!! It seems like it gets hot EVERY year around this time. I took a look at the 10day forecast and it's supposed to STAT THIS WAY for my entire vacation! [:@] I have been fortunate to see a few bucks, but the closest ones were small --8 points and less and immature. I have taken 4 does, but now I want bucks and they're doing their thing at night when it cools down a bit. Nothing much moved today after sunrise. VERY active before light, but then it started getting warm.[:@]
Old 11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning, against my better judgement, in 20-25 mph winds. Temp was around 70. I rattled in a small six point (maybe a year and a half old deer), and two other does wandered in to see what all the noise was about. All three deer were moving at a "careful hurry" and were spooked everytime hickory nuts hit the ground. This is no where near what it is usually like this time of year.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:13 PM

We have the same problem here. 80 degrees winds at 20-35 mph all day,
it's 70 degrees at 5.00am and the wind is blowing 25mph. I just hope it will slack so i can get this 14 pointer before it's got with a gun. I have went the last 2 mornings and saw one 6 pointer with his head down and not thinking about anything but what he was tracking. Grunted rattled and even yelled and his pace never changed he didn't spook or even raise his tail there was a hot doe and he wanted it bad. After 10am i get tired of hanging on so thew wind down blow me out and go home.