Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No hunting today? >

No hunting today?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No hunting today?

Old 11-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default No hunting today?

I was wondering why there's so many guys on this site this morning? Why aren't you fellows hunting? Here in SE Pa these are the best conditions we have had in a long while! I have an excuse for not being in the woods, I'm going to Alberta today for thenext week!I'm not too lucky.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:56 AM

Default RE: No hunting today?

If I had a choice, I'd be hunting right now. Unfortunately, it's my Saturday to work, have to be there at 10am. Hubby is working until 9:30am, so he couldn't go either! Of course it's suppose to be severe storms by the time I get off at 2pm and tomorrow it's suppose to be 30 mph winds... so, my weekend is pretty much ruined. If gun season weren't starting next week, I'd REALLY be on fire today! [:@][:-]
Old 11-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Spike

early,

boy are you right!! I told you guys I took a 7 pt on Monday, so the past week I have been out to tag out with a doe. Yesterday I saw a great 8 pt. His G2's were at least 10 inches. He had good mass but the inside spread was a little deficient. Probably the biggest Pa buck I have ever seen. He surprised me, but kept walking on a doe trail that I set up on. I literally could have arrowed him 3-4 times. I wanted to draw on him just for practice, but I was too in awe. I hope he makes it through the rest of the season and the 1 day shotgun hunt. I'm psyched for next year already.

Mike
Old 11-05-2005, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

I work every saturday day. no biggie, I can hunt tonight if I want, monday night, tues all day, wed all day, thurs fri morning. It is a bit warm for my taste, but if I had the choice, I'd be out there. hopefully it will cool down a bit.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

WTDoc, sounds like you had a great season so far. Congrats and good luch with that big 8pt next year. Sounds like a real nice Pa buck.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:28 AM

I'm ticked!!![>:] The first Saturday in November ought to be a 5- day Texas holiday. I know it's the opening of general (gun) season, but I don't pick up my rifle anymore. In E. TX, it's usually when the rut is really hot, and here I am, stuck at work, til next Thursday. I can't stand it. I'm waiting for phone calls from buddies who are on the stand right now. Most of them lost their spine and went for the gun powder this morning. I just can't give up yet. I'm on a loooong dry spell, only one deer with my bow so far, and that was two years ago. I have hunted 8 times so far this year and saw 7 deer. Only one in range, a spike at 10 yds, but we can't shoot spikes [:@](or does)[:@] on our lease. Oh well, I'll be in a tree all next weekend. I know that when I finally do get one, it's gonna be awesome.

CONGRATS to all you fellas that have bloody arrows so far! Keep up the good work.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went to my seesters last night and forgot how to say NO. Damn peer pressure. The way I felt this morning I probably woulda hurled if I crawled up in a tree. Not to mention the alchohol still on my breath. Some people never learn or grow up. November and I am sitting at my sisters partaking in the spirits, I gotta get my priorities straight.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey iowabob, you only live once and family is good stuff! I know you'll be out there.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Iwent out this AM to 30 mph winds and temps in the 70's. That is why I'm home. The wind is starting to lay down but the temp is now in the low 80's. I may go this evening I'm not sure. Expecting a mild cool front tonight maybe it will help for tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out this morning too. I spooked something big about 15 yards from my stand that just about shook the ground when it left. When I got to where it had been the strongest, pungent tarsal scent hit me square in the nose! There's a new rub where he was on a 3 inch tree. I saw a few others once it was light and could have killed a small 8 point, but my freezer already has 4 does in it. I'm out exclusively for Mr. big.

I just looked on weather.com to see the forecast. Upper 60's and low 70's for the entire time I'm off. Of course there's showers and winds throuwn in too--just for good measure!

Quick Reply: No hunting today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.