Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 witch fletching would you suggest? >

witch fletching would you suggest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

witch fletching would you suggest?

Old 11-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default witch fletching would you suggest?

i dont want feathers or any thing but out of these witch do you prefer
and why
3 or 4 inch helical vanes
3 or 4 inch offset vanes
3 or 4 inch straight vanes
cause th enew bow im looking at comes with arrows and they ask you what you wnat for vanes and everything and what color would you suggest
Old 11-04-2005, 07:23 AM

Default RE: witch fletching would you suggest?

I would go with the 4" Helical. It just helps the arrow spin, which will make it more accurate!! On the color, it totally up to you... What bow are you looking at???
Old 11-04-2005, 12:01 PM

I've recently switched to the new Bohning vane - it's made for a whisker biscuit - I use a right helical . It's a little tougher then traditional vanes, but seems to make my arrow flight a little quieter. Right helical definitely gives you better arrow spin, which translates to more accuracy, especially with broadheads
Old 11-05-2005, 04:09 PM

IMO, I would go with the right helical. If it was an option, go with the NAP quik spin 4" vanes. Color, that's entirely up to you, but I prefer bright, neon colors. I use white, neon yellow and neon orange. Reason being (for me) can them better in flight and find them in the dark easier...Hope this helps
Old 11-05-2005, 04:38 PM

I also did allot of research on this same decision. The majority out there are all after speed so they choose the 2-3 degree off-set. If you keep digging and ask some of the more experienced hunters, they all recommend 4 inch long right helical. Reason is faster stability and better arrow flight especially if you will be using broadheads. Many of them with chronographs say that it doesn't reduce speed as many think and the stability and accuracy gained if far better.
As far as brand, I researched and found out that GoldTip is changing to VaneTech fletching in 2006. GoldTip Tech Services states these are better than duravanes offered in previous years. VaneTech vanes are hard to find since most dealers aren't aware that GoldTip in changing over. I found great arrow prices offered with these new vanes at mtnarchery.com
They are based out of Idaho.

Good luck