Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 the ghosts do come out on halloween >

the ghosts do come out on halloween

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the ghosts do come out on halloween

Old 10-31-2005, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default the ghosts do come out on halloween

saturday october 29th 12:00pm i test drive my fourwheeler in the woods down at the end of the street, because my freind needs it to hang some stands that some smig stole from him. i get in the woods 70yds max and fallow the trial that leads to the trail i came in and ....bam i see a white flag(tail) it doesntrun straight away it runs parllel and i counted 4 (didntsee if there were browtines) its not a 11/2 yr old either its atleast a 21/2 yr old withmain beems
sunday october30th 1:00pm iget into the woods to get set up not 20yds from the place i practice shooting all yr long and in the same tree i practiced climbing with my climber and almost exactly where i spooked the buck. 3:40 i see a brown shadow dissaper no idea wat type it was. 430 loud rucus coming right toward me 1-2 does,,,,then....1 more doe they calmly browse by and that was it
today 4:00
had to feed my pheasants soo igot in late go up 20 more yds closer to the trail i saw the does last night nothing alll dayy climbdown ading the last strap to my climber to keep it from clunking together on my way out and i hear the sound of the leaves.. annd it stopped so i paid no attention 2 it and i hear it again now close i look up and there it is stairing right at me i could see the shadowof the rack in what wat verylowlight i had left so i slowly lay my climber down while this thing has been stairin at me for 5 minutes whicj was really like 30 seconds...the climbers securly on the ground and then clunk...now its on the ground securly..
snort and then he was gone ....

this is a suburban buck that is in a 100-150 acre woods surrounded by r.r. and a road of houses .

november 1st.
i plan on going into the woods 100-200 more yds and setup i dont think he was spooked that bad but then again i have no idea..
hopefully i can get a shot at him
Old 10-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the ghosts do come out on halloween

Something about Halloween makes animals (people included) act strangely.

About 5 years ago, Garen was cruising through town on his way to a Halloween party I was at and ran over a huge buck.

I don't know if all the kids out and about got the deer moving, or if it was the aura (sp?) of Halloween or whatever. But as long as I'm able to go out hunting, on Halloween, I will be out there.