Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 drips & mock scrapes >

drips & mock scrapes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

drips & mock scrapes

Old 10-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: drips & mock scrapes

I was skeptical of them, until I've seen picture after picture of bucks visiting them in broad daylight off of gamecams on the forum.

Speakin of which, next weekend, I believe I am gonna purchase one for myself and try it out.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Spike

Hi, I just bought a couple of the Ultimate Scrape-Dripper and was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them? Im haveing problems with mine not dripping, is there something that sets them off that im doing wrong or what? This is my first time messing with them and no nothingabout them. thank you
Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

They work, but I'm not sure if they work better than a bottled scent that you can spray on the mock scrape when you hunt. I haven't seen bucks start a pattern around scrapes with the dripper bag..but have seen new bucks in the area sniff them out..then come and investigate them.
The advantage is that while you're not around fresh drips of scent are being deposited in the scrape making the visiting buck think his rival was recently there. If you spray or put a few drops in a scrape and leave and the buck smells it 4 hours later he'll know a rival was there but is long gone. Bucks can tell how fresh a scrape is the same way they can tell by smell how long ago a human walked on this trail and whether it is safe.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

I've used them and had good results with getting pics of bucks.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Spike

I understand what the dripper is susposed to do, i just dont understand why its not working, when you fill it with doe pee and hang it up what is susposed to make it work, mine dont work, is there something im doing wrong. thanks for the reply's
Old 11-21-2007, 07:50 PM

Well I have seen many hunting shows that use them and they work great but I have not personally tried one. I did try to make a mock scrape and rub this year but it did not work very well. It was probably because I did not use any of the scents you are supposed to put on the scrape and rub.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Spike

Well whats wrong with my dripper?