Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what works the best ??? >

what works the best ???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what works the best ???

Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 PM

Default what works the best ???

what have you found that works the best for calling in deer???? bleat cans, gruts, orrattleing??? what do u think is the best to call in deer???? thanks D.J.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:44 PM

Default RE: what works the best ???

There is never a best call for all situations. I have had luck rattling antlers, with the Can type call, and the grunt tube. They all work in some situations while in others only one of them will work. It's hard to say, I gues for years the grunt worked failry well for me but when Quaker Boy came out with the can calls back in 91 or soI started using them & have had great luck with them during the prerut phase. Antlers work ok sometimes but of all the mothods they have worked the least for me, I still carry them & have found that the tickling type of sound works better than a full on imitation buck fight.

Really it all depends on a lot of things from hunting preasure to the buck doe ratio to the time of year, wetaher, deers mood, etc. There is now way anyone can say what will work all of the time......sometimes it seems like anythign could work while at others nothing can get their attention.

Sorry but I can't give you a simple answer, try all three and see what works best for you. The key is to not overdo whatever type of call you decide to use.