Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 1st night out, and WOW >

1st night out, and WOW

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

1st night out, and WOW

Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default 1st night out, and WOW

what an awesome night. Im hunting an oak flat thatI found scouting awhile back and notice that there were some nice acorns dropping last timeI was out scouting,so I hung a stand in that area. wellI get to the stand and bumped 3 deer off theacorns, which none blew, soI jumped up in the stand and got quiet. about 1/2 hr later here they come back and started browsing. I noticed that they were young deer( 2 does and 1 B Buck )soI decided to wait since it was early and still had alot of daylight left. well one doewandered on off toward the cut corn field and the other 2 bedded down right under me.about 20 min laterI see movement to my left and see that 3 more deer were coming in, momma and her young. well her young came right in but momma stayed downwind of the feeding grounds and new something was up, about this timeI hear leaves crunching behind me and turned to look it was a young 6 pt. well nowI knew what momma was worried about. he came in and the button buck took off out of his way. well he chased momma threw the woods in a big circle, which momma ended up back to her young, well here he came back in slowly and chased her again the same way. well I lost sight of them for awhile until I seen whatI thought was the 6 pt but it was a lil 4pt. well this part made my night because ive never witnessed this in the woods. the 4pt and 6pt went at it,I mean all out battle. this went on for awhile andI still had these young deer under me. well with all the rattling going on I thought for Id see the buck that has made some huge rubs around this acorn flat. but no. well the 6 pt whooped the 4 pt and 4pt took off. wellI grabbed my grunt and Brrp brrrp brrrp, He started coming right to me. he stopped under some branches and I guess he didnt see the buck and went back to where they were fighting. I wouldnt have shot him anyway but just wanted to see what happened when I blew the grunt tube.Ive been hunting awhile and have never had a night like this. I heard deer bleats, fawn bleats, bucks fighting, and chasing does, it was unreal. well I passed on some deer that I could have shot but it was worth it I managed to get out of the area and back to my truck witout being busted. I cant wait until the next time out. Its getting good here in maryland. sorry so long just had to vent.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 1st night out, and WOW

Wow. Thats alot of exitement for one day. Calm down and get ready
for the next trip!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:00 PM

Default RE: 1st night out, and WOW

Yeah thats pretty cool. I have yet to witness deer going at it it like that.