Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which would you like on your wall?? >

Which would you like on your wall??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which would you like on your wall??

Old 10-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which would you like on your wall??

The second because it looks like he's developing a drop tine; I want one of those bad too.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd take the first one. You guys can fight over the 2nd.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:34 PM

I honestly do not care. I would be happy just seeing them.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Neither, both those bucks are young as heck. The top buck is probably 2 1/2 and the bottom one is probably 4 1/2. Those bucks have great potential and arent nearly mature yet. I'd give the top deer atleast another 3 years and the bottom one atleast another year. Those deer would be off limits to everybody who hunts out here......
Because it would cost you a fortune is ya did! It called greed!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd take #2.

Im not sure if TXhighrack knows not all of the US has the same hunting situations as the area he hunts in TX which is probably a 20,000+ acre ranch that is managed for paid hunting. Most hunters are considered lucky to get access to hunt a private 500 acre property.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

Neither, both those bucks are young as heck. The top buck is probably 2 1/2 and the bottom one is probably 4 1/2. Those bucks have great potential and arent nearly mature yet. I'd give the top deer atleast another 3 years and the bottom one atleast another year. Those deer would be off limits to everybody who hunts out here......
So a 4 1/2 yr old isn't mature? I'd take the 2nd buck.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you dont take em in Wi the next guy will thats for sure. These are both great bucks and sure they both have potential, but i wouldnt pass up either one, but like symetrical racks over any other. Check my 2002 buck out. Guess how old he was. It will shock you.

Old 10-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im not going to bash Texas, Texas has great deer, but im not for Hi-Fence Hunting at all. I think it goes against true hunting ethics. When I hunt, I hunt fair chase. But everyone has different hunting ethics, personally id never pay $2500.00 to shoot a deer that has been fenced in all its life. Id rather spend the 24.00 and actually put some skill into the hunt.

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

is that at like a high rize fence place or in your back yard any of those 2 deer would be a trophy to ne one up here in vermont but id take the second one
Yes, lets all just assume that all of Texas is high fenced. Drop all the Texas slamming crap, its getting old. If your going to bash anyone for trying to make money on hunting, bash Illinois. They just increased their licenses to $450 or so.

We have 1250 acres and we see bucks like this frequently. Our ranch is not high fenced. Only 4 strands of barbed wire 4' high to keep the cattle in. Very few deer will come into a feeder during the day. Setting up in the cover, off the feeders is generally the best tactic. If you dont likethe way we hunt, then stay the hell out, but dont bash us. I personally dont makevery much moneyon the ranch, andI let friends come down and hunt for free. The charges we charge for hunting is simply to help pay for the taxes and the food plots, and feed we put in the feeders, not to make millions.

We're all hunters, and this is the stuff anti's love.

On topic, I'm taking the 2nd deer.