Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What attracts deer >

What attracts deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What attracts deer

Old 10-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default What attracts deer

What is the best thing to put out to attract deer and keep them coming back for more?
Is it
A) Molasses
B) Peanut Butter
C) Apples
D) other
E) some combo of the something

Please let me know, curious how to get deer in front of my camera!

Jim

Also how do you apply them. Do you cut the apples? Do you smear the peanut butter, what do you do with the molasses?

Old 10-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What attracts deer

Anyone?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:21 PM

Little late in the year, but will be good for next year. Deer cocaine. That stuff is great. Corn always works too. I just put mine right next to a trail. Seems to be working so far.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

I put out a mineral lick this year called Lucky Buck. I got some good pics off
of that and corn works good too.

Old 10-28-2005, 06:40 PM

Good old salt block should do the trick. Cheap and the deer will come back again and again to get minerals. You don't have to pay alot for it and i have one in my grove that i hunt and there are deer that come in there everynight to take a lick off of it.

Good luck.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

I put a salt block out this summer. Not much has visited it. I got a small biologic food plot(2nd year growth) right next to it. I've seen a few tracks through it but not much. Last week I poured Buck jam all over the salt block and broke up the block also. I checked it today - nothing. I soaked some deer mix (corn, sunflower seed, and some other seed) in buck jam. I'll put that out tomarrow. Nothing seems to bring them in my woods(40 ac N Wisc.). Guess I'll hunt else where. However, two days ago there was an exploratory scrape. I onm the edge of my food plot. But it hadn't been touched since...
Old 10-28-2005, 09:30 PM

I just built a game cam and have used a mineral lick, corn, peanut butter, buckjam etc. Did get some deer pics on each but mostly does and a couple of young bucks. Also got some good turkey pics, few squirrells, armadillo. Also got a couple of good pics of a grey fox. I moved the camera to a good trail near some rubs because with all the other goodies mentioned above I have about 50 pics of coons, damn things are everywhere! I will let you know how that turns out.

Kent