Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 QDMA Attracts More Southern Talent >

QDMA Attracts More Southern Talent

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

QDMA Attracts More Southern Talent

Old 06-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default QDMA Attracts More Southern Talent

Guys,

Well, another feather in the hat of Southern deer hunting and wildlife management. Again, we see the trend of successful whitetail management continue to draw from the South's resources by way of Kevin Perry joining the Quality Deer Management Association as a policy Analyst. Kevin is a Georgia native and avid deer hunter who will handle legislative affairs for QDMA and serve as an advocate for Southern deer hunting in Washington before Congress.

The thing about this is -it is not a surprise to anyone. We have seen this before when the QDMA refused an invitation from Pennsylvania to relocate up there and basically laugh at the proposition thanks to an aired program from the Outdoor Channel pertaining to food plots and overall herd management. I almost fell on the floor when I was watching it that Satiddy morning because I CALLED IT months prior. Called it.

Guys, the South has been recognized over and over again with awards, accolades, etc, etc - so this is nothing new. Kevin Perry wasone of the best known students at Duke University in North Carolina and upon graduation he IMMEDIATELY was hired to come further South, back to his homeland, and work for the betterment of the QDMA and will likely increase the successful legislative operations tenfold and will do it all from Ga. Respect.

I think what we need to keep in mind is that while this is another very bright moment for the South in terms of whitetail management, we cannot overlook what this will, inevitably, do to the northeast and the continued downfall of Yankee hunting. We have all read and heard of the unfortunate circumstances affecting the Yankees and their decreasing whitetail population. The following all validate cause for concern:

- Warts and tumerous growths as well as the CWD problems

- Hunter outrage and discontent among landowners fed up with Yankee hunting blunders

- Negative media coverage due to Murphy rejecting Pennsylvania's proposition to relocate to the NE

- Whitetail buck deer picking up and moving South of the Mason-Dixon line faster than Mexicans darting in the night in fear of realimmigration reform

I hope the NE can get their act together before it is too late so that I can, for once, come on the board and write a positive report about what they are doing up there toget back where they need to be. I lovedeer hunting more than most and simpply want to get our country where we need to be as a whole. An ambassador, if you will.

Yankees need to come together as a whole and increase awareness about the issues and what is going on up there before hunting is finished up there overall.

Guys, I hope each of you are anticipating a weekend filled with fellowship with close family/friends and that at least 67% of that time will be spent outdoors.

TDWW
Old 06-09-2006, 10:03 AM

Default RE: QDMA Attracts More Southern Talent

Can some one please explain these posts I keep reading? Is this some sort of joke?? Or does this person just want to stir up trouble?

Mark
Old 06-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF
You're in a heep of trouble, BOY!

Old 06-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Site Buck Guru

Should you become an ambassador, what kind of instruction and programs would you introduce to help us yankees become better whitetail managers?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: chiefks

Can some one please explain these posts I keep reading? Is this some sort of joke?? Or does this person just want to stir up trouble?

Mark
The best way to explain it is to go back and read TDWW's posts from day 1 and read them all from there. That'll shed a little light on things. My personal favorite is the very first post he posted on this site.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:30 PM

On many boards he would begone long ago. We have been watching this movie for a long time and it's getting boring. Move on with your topics in posts or move on from here. I'm not even a northern"Yankee" and I'm getting bored of it.

[/align]
[blockquote]

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Banned

YANKEEPRIDE

Fawn

[align=center][/align]
TDWW

Your assertions regarding the Northern Whitetail could not be more wrong. Just last week, I was vacationing in the poconos when I decided to take a nature hike. I wassleeping in a Sycamore tree, on a particularly low branch, when a young whitetail buck emerged beneath me. He was distracted, indulging in a myriad of lush fauna, flora, forbs and shoots.

I pounced.

After a brief struggle, I had him secured in a Figure-4 submission leghold (using pressure point-specific grappling maneuvers). After he realizedmy power and athletic prowess, he stopped fighting, andallowed me toproceed witha field examination.

I noted that this was a particularly fine specimen with an exceptionally shiny coat. His muscle tone was spectacular, with good bulge and mighty strength.Antler growth was ahead of the curve, and his hoofs looked healthy with no sign of ingrown toenails or plantar warts. He was otherwise free of warbles, mites and other harmful saprophytes. I did remove a tick from his ear. He had no cavities.

He weighed approximately 182 pounds on the hoof, give or take.
This is my favorite that he did; this is his other user name on here; YANKEEPRIDE
Old 06-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Spiffy

On many boards he would begone long ago. We have been watching this movie for a long time and it's getting boring. Move on with your topics in posts or move on from here. I'm not even a northern"Yankee" and I'm getting bored of it.

Maybe it is your choice to not open any boring threads. I find these to be entertaining.

[/align]

[blockquote]

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 06-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

DAWG for President!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:30 PM

COME UP WITH SOME NEW MATERIAL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!

Quick Reply: QDMA Attracts More Southern Talent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.