Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone Shooting The Montec G5 Tekan II Expandables? >

Anyone Shooting The Montec G5 Tekan II Expandables?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone Shooting The Montec G5 Tekan II Expandables?

Old 10-20-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Anyone Shooting The Montec G5 Tekan II Expandables?

I am curious as to those that are shooting the Montec Tekan expandableswhat kind of entrance and exit wounds are you seeingand how are the blood trails? I really like the looks of these heads and was wondering whatkind of performance I can expect in the field.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:46 AM

Default RE: Anyone Shooting The Montec G5 Tekan II Expandables?

I was wondering the same think, thanks for asking.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:10 AM

Me and my buddy started shooting them this year. He shoots 125's I shoot 100's. He has taken three deer, all passthroughs and lots of blood. I killed one small doe, she ran about 15 yards and fell dead. He made a very poor shot on one of the deer, high and in the paunch hard down angle and the arrow exited through the ham, deer died in ten steps, he hit the femoral artery I guess. Again massive blood trail and large entry and exit wounds.The only thing I don't like about them is that they open with so little pressure/force or whatever that if you're not careful they will open when you put them in the quiver.Thenyou have to snap em back in before "loading" your arrow, this makes a quick 2nd arrow tricky sometimes. That is my only complaint as well as the reason that I will go back to fixed blade next season. Overall a very good mechanical in my opinion. Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:26 AM

Me and my hunting partners have them. I have not shot a deer with them yet, but both of the people I hunt with have. One deer he shot left a great blood trail, and the other didnt, but were good shots.

Turtle is right about them opening to easy, you have to be careful with them. Also, I hunted in the rain a few days ago, and the one I had out of my quiver has a bit of rust on it now. I have never shot anything with it. The other two that were still in my quiver are fine though. I didnt dry the one that rust off after, so it might be sort of my fault.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My 3D partner shot a doe with his Tekan II's last weekend. He shot her twice, once high through the lungs, and a second when she went down to keep her from getting up again. He said the second shot, the doe was on her side, with her belly exposed towards him. He wanted to put another into her for good measure and to keep her from getting up, since she went down only 25 yards from him (he is handicapped so I am sure he didn't want a long drag). He was on the ground, and put it directly into her belly, and it severed the spine in half and came out between the shoulder blades, and continued traveling another 25 yards past her and stuck in the ground several inches where it landed. How's that for penetration? I may shoot them next year............
Old 10-21-2005, 07:09 PM

Thanks for all the info.